Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizzlinh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Physics - Motion - Velocity
    In which case is the average velocity equal to the instantaneous velocity? Why?
    GWeb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 08:59 PM
    The instantaneous velocity would equal the average velocity if the instantaneous velocity were to equal the average of all the velocities of the measured data.
    vrooje Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
    I'm thinking that the Mean Value Theorem implies that for any given velocity curve, there will be at least one point where the instantaneous velocity equals the average velocity. But the actual time where this occurs (and how many times, etc.) depends on the acceleration.

For example, if acceleration is zero, then the velocity is constant, so at any point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Projectile motion- physics [ 1 Answers ]

Alysen sets sail into the west upon graduating from her 7 year high school program. She ends up stranded on an island in the South Pacific with only coconuts to eat. Even the monekys know that the coconuts must hit the ground with a velocity of 80m/s to break open. Alysen climbs a 10 m high tree...

Getting around Mechanical Physics, Motion [ 7 Answers ]

This is dedicated to some random dude called 'Capulchin':p You inspire me to become a better Scientist - I'm 16 lololol. Basically, this is thinking about motions logically rather than just punching in numbers into formulas. In the long run, this is more efficient and ensures you never get a...

Physics of Motion [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have 2 animals a cheetah and an antelope. From previous question set for me I have been given the following information: The cheetah accelerates from rest (0ms-1) to 20ms-1 in 2 seconds It has a top speed of 30ms-1 It can only maintain this speed for 450m before it has to rest An...

Velocity & Physics [ 1 Answers ]

A train approaches a small town with a constant velocity of +28.6 m/s. The operator applies the brake, reducing the train’s Velocity to +11.4 m/s. If the average acceleration of the train during Braking is –1.35 m/s2, for what elapsed time does the operator apply The brake?

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search