Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsea louise Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 05:09 PM
    I cant catch pregnant
    Hello my name is chelsea I'm am 16 years old and my boy friend is 17. I've been with him for nearly a year. We have been trying for a baby for a long time but I just can't catch pregnant. He has a son already so he isn't the problem its me and I don't no why I can't get pregnant. I really like this boy I love him allot and we are starting to give up now but I don't want that. I love kids and I really want to have 1.
    So please help me and tell me why I can't get pregnant :(
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 19, 2009, 05:17 PM

Maybe its your bodies way of telling you that you just aren't ready! Why do you want to have a child at your age? Having a baby and being a parent isn't glamorous or easy. The moment you have a child your own childhood and life as a teenager is over. It is no longer about you or what you want. There is no good or logical reason for having a child when you are only sixteen. Regardless of what you think you are not yet mentally or physically ready to be a mother. This isn't just your own life that you are toying with but your boyfriends and the child you would conceive as well. Can you afford to take care of yourself, let alone a child? That it very doubtful. If you really love him as you claim then you will do the responsible thing and wait.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 05:22 PM

I am sorry I believe it would be bad for any of us to give a child advice on getting pregnant, you have years ahead of you.

Next your 17 year old boyfriend already has a child, how is that child doing, how is that ex doing

Look at them and see yourself in a year.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 05:30 PM

Having a child is a difficult situation; even as an adult. As Chuck said, none of here are going to advise a child on how to become pregnant. I agree with Silver so no need in repeating everything said but instead I'll add to it...

It's easy to have feelings of "forever" with this guy because you think you're going to be together happily ever after. I'm sure his ex thought the same thing at some point.

Not only will it not be fair to your child to have to teen parents, think about his first child. Now a 17 year old boy has 2 children to provide for. I don't see him being able to give either a very good life. So both children get cheated.

Wait on having kids until you've had a chance to live a little. Enjoy school, friends, prom, going to college, and being young. Don't try to be tied down to soon. You will end up resenting him when you're home every weekend while he's out with his friends.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Apr 19, 2009, 05:35 PM

My advice stop trying... you are a child still yourself I didn't have my first until 27
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 06:40 PM

You can't catch pregnancy you silly girl. It's not a ball. The fact that your actually saying that has me thanking the lord from making you procreate.

A guy won't be with you forever because of a kid. In fact most guys at that age will leave within a year or two of having the child.

Be smart sweetie- having a kid isn't all that it's cut out to be. All your seeing is a sweet little baby right now. They grow, and let me tell you, they are expensive and they are demanding! So forget about going to your friend's parties because your going to be a mommy stuck at home before you can even legally drink.

Sarah
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 19, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea louise View Post
    hello my name is chelsea im am 16 years old and my boy friend is 17. ive been with him for nearly a year. we have been trying for a baby for a long time but i just can't catch pregnant. he has a son already so he aint the problem its me and i dont no why i can't get pregnant. i really like this boy i love him allot and we are starting to give up now but i dont want that. i love kids and i really want to have 1.
    so please help me and tell me why i can't get pregnant :(
    Why do you want to have a child? Why not just look after the one that he has already, you know he must see the child on the weekends?

Your body may be going through hormonal issues? You would have to talk to a doctor. How are you two suporting this child when it comes?

'any fool with a d**k can make a baby but only a real man can raise his children.'- Lawrence Fishburn

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    -Kurt Vonnegut

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
    Helen Keller quotes (perhaps this is a sign that you should try focusing on school, and learning about the world, as it is quite big and facinating.)

“If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts, but if he will content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.” ~Francis Bacon (once again I ask, why do you want to have a baby? )

Peace and kindness be with you.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 19, 2009, 06:57 PM

You're sixteen and you want a child.. What you should at least try is babysitting for a while, all types of age groups (from newbornish up to 18 years) so you can get a taste of what you'll be dealing with if that can compare at all.
    becknian Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 09:39 AM
    I think your all wrong it dose matter what age you have a child I got a 5 year old and my life has nt stop I think havinga child make everything better I want a onother baby nw and me and my hunband are trying and I was only young when I have my frist

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I catch him [ 15 Answers ]

OK guys I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is cheatin on me but I don't no how 2 catch him out any ideas I need 2 do it sneaky though because he nos I'm suspicious ideas will be a great help thanksxxxxxxx

To catch a Cop [ 6 Answers ]

Hello again: If the person I described in my previous question hasn't committed a crime, and I believe they haven't, I presume that the police force on those TV shows know that too. Therefore, when they throw one of those people on the ground and arrest them on national TV, can that person...

Can't catch up! [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I make approximately $75,000/year. I didn't think that we managed our money poorly but we obvisouly do. We have a total of $5000 in total debt. Some of these are credit cards that are in collection status from years ago that accumulated due to a major health issue with my husband. I...

Catch Him [ 3 Answers ]

How can I attract a guy and get him to be interested in me

View more questions Search