Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilianaluciagm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 02:21 PM
    A physics student pulls a block of mass
    A physics student pulls a block of mass m = 22 kg up an incline at a slow constant velocity for a distance of d = 3 m. The incline makes an angle q = 29° with the horizontal. The coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and the inclined plane is ľk = 0.3.

WORKdone=479.15

b)What is the speed v of the block when it first reaches the horizontal surface?
    v=sqrt(2.g.h-u.g.cos (Q))
    is that right but what is h?
    3*sin 29?

c)What is the spring constant k of the spring?
    d)How far up the incline d1 does the block rebound?

Thank you
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 27, 2008, 02:57 PM

The first part looks good - that's the sum of the work done against friction plus the work against gravity.

Part b - what horizontal surface? Is there a figure? Your equation for v does not look right - how did you get that? Are you trying to figure out the velocity of the block if you let it slide back down hill?

Part C - what spring? Again - you need to include a figure or better description.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between concrete block and cinder block [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?

Who pulls Transunion in Texas? [ 1 Answers ]

Which banks or credit card companies only pull credit worthiness from Transunion in Texas?:)

Can you really get pregnant if he pulls out [ 10 Answers ]

If I started my period May 16th through the 20th then spotted around 24th Are my fertile days still May 25-June 1st. Would it be for me possible for me to get pregnant on June 3rd if he pulled out that date?

View more questions Search