Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamemily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Average Acceleration/ Top Speed
    okay so I don't know how to do this question at all.

it says : John begins to walk faster and accelerates at a rate of 5km/h. How long did it take him to reach a top speed of 12km/h?

A=5
    V2=12
    t=?
    V2=?

But if I use the acceleration equation I have Aav=delta V/delta T
    5= v1-12/t

And I don't have enough information to finish it.. but maybe I'm not seeing it.. help please?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 06:04 PM
    His initial velocity was probably 0. That should enable you to finish the question.
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Dec 2, 2007, 08:40 AM
    use the equation a = v/t where a = acceleration, v = velocity and t = time.
    so just plug in your numbers
    5 = 12/t

and now just solve for t

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Speed and acceleration using polar coordinates [ 5 Answers ]

A particle P has polar coordinates (r, theta). The movement of P is described as the vectorial sum of forces, F1=-mk(sq)r F2=-2mbv (a) write the equations of movement (b) suppose that the second derivative of theta is 0, determine r(t), theta(t) and thus deduce r(theta), and the speed of...

Speed,velocity and acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

The time taken to accelerate from 0 to 100 kmh-1 at an acceleration of 5.6 ms-2 is approximatly.. << find the time By the way "-1" & "-2" are powers Help me as sooon as...

Speed, Velocity, and Acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

Hans stands at the rim of the Grand Canyon and models down to the bottom. He hears his yodel echo back from the canyon floor 5.20s later. Assume that the speed of sound in air is 340.0 m/s. How deep os the canyon at this location? :eek:

Physics, finding speed, velocity and acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find velocity speed and acceleration. How do I label the problems when I am done.

Speed, velocity, acceleration [ 5 Answers ]

What must be your average speed in order to travel 200 km in 3.25 h? A bird can fly 26 km/h. How long does it take to fly 19 km? If you are driving 116 km/h along a straight road and you look to the side for 3.0 s, how far do you travel during this inattentive period? A horse canters away...

View more questions Search