Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aizel28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 12:08 AM
    Work problems!
    Can you help me?

1.an older computer unit requires 12min more to print a company's payroll than does a newer computer unit. Used together the computers can print the payroll in 8 min. find the time the new computer unit, used alone, will require to print the payroll.:confused:

2.working together. Dan and Leah can mow a lawn in 1 h and 12 min. Working alone, Leah can mow the lawn in 1 h less time than it would take Dan. Find the time it takes for each of them, working on his/her own, to mow the lawn.:confused:

I hope you can help me..
    God bless.. :)
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Nov 30, 2007, 02:49 AM
    1. Let the no. of pages be N

Let New and Old print in x and x + 12 min

pages per min for New = N/x

Pages per min for Old = N/(x + 12)

In 8 min, new prints = 8N/x pages

Old prints 8N/(x +12)

Total pages =

N = 8N/x + 8N/(x + 12)

1 = 8/x + 8/(x +12)

Solve this equation to get x

2. Use similar method as for part 1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Decompression work for Disk problems? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have degenerative discs in my lumbar spine. It has caused me chronic pain for years. Last year I herniated my disc at L5. It was horrendous. It has taken me a year to feel moderately better. I see a chiropractor and have had accupuncture for Sciatic pain. But my back is always...

How do I work the problems below [ 2 Answers ]

Feb. 1 Issued 3,000 shares of common stock for $25,000. Mar. 20 Purchased 1,500 additional shares of common treasury stock at $8 per share. June 14 Sold 4,000 shares of treasury stock—common for $36,000. Sept. 3 Issued 2,000 shares of common stock for a patent valued at $17,000. Dec. 31...

Finance work problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am having trouble trying to figure out two problems I have in finance and was wondering if anyone could help me run through this. Help me find the steps to solve it. 1. fred has inherited 6,00 from the death of Barney. He would like to use this money to buy wilma a new rockmobile...

Home work problems [ 2 Answers ]

In Math class I have this proble,I don't know how to do the problem1/6 divided by 4/3. So I need to know the steps to do the prblem.:cool:

Problems getting Norton to work with AOL [ 9 Answers ]

I did find a thread on this but can't get back to it now I've registered - no matter because the thread had departed from the issue into a ding dong between posters. I don't need several opinions as to how crap AOL is or how bad Norton is what I want is specific advice on how to actually make it...

View more questions Search