Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    refurb_india Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Boring earth
    Hello friends:

I am a newcomer, this is my first question on this forum.

My house has a basement for parking car and dumping useless things. Every rainy season, the basement gets flooded with water from surrounding higher level. It is difficult to pump our water due to many reasons. I propose to dig a borewell of sufficient depth to let in flooded water which incidentally will recharge ground water. With difficult access and limited headroom, I cannot bring in the standard drill rig. Even if I could get one, I am concerned about the heavy vibrations it may cause risking the structures. I want to use /insert pipe pieces of diameter 16 inches in convenient lengths starting with a one foot deep pilot bore. I want to use a high pressure pipe to impinge the earth inside the pipe and scoop out the much manually up to a convenient depth and subsequently using a slurry pump. The pump for earth scooping will perhaps be a triplex pump which can develop pressures up to 40000 pounds per square inch. As and when earth is dislodged, the casing pipe will be pressed down.

Is the above plan workable? It seems excavation for gold ore was being mined using this method also called hydrauliking.

Await response.

Shankar

Ps: I never use upper case in my written communications. I hope it is OK
    :)
    msk Posts: 59, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2008, 06:35 AM
    My suggestion why not use a sump pump. All you have to do is to make a pit of size about 1mx1mx1m and place a sump pump with float switch. Pit must be in the lowest area of floor level. The connection must be through a electromagnetic starter. As the pit will be filled with water the pump will start automatically. Do reply about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Makes me feel I am so boring [ 17 Answers ]

Hey all, I met up with my boyfriend today who is always willing to have sex with me but never willing to respond to my mails, texts or whatever. He does that when he wants to... so today when I asked him why he never responds... he said" hey listen stop cribbing....i've become so indifferent to...

Handcuffed by Boring Job [ 10 Answers ]

I am at another one of those proverbial crossroads in my life. I'm in my early 30's, have a law degee (with almost $100,000 of debt), and have a 1 yr. old son. I spend my days at a job (non legal) that pays just enough to live on. I do not want to sit in a cubicle my whole life. But since I...

How can I stop being so BORING? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a really boring person. I'm an introvert. I sit around and eat all day. Never really hang out with my "friends". I'm too shy. Most of my conversations in person are boring. (on the e-webz I'm a little different, though).

Boring Project Management What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had varied work experience of about 10 years in IT field starting with AS/400, Java, Oracle and certified in Oracle developer. My recent past eaperience is in to Web Tech, ASP/PHP not much but a little of DOTNET.All the way through I had been a very good developer and Tech guy with awards....

Boring flight (What to do?) [ 1 Answers ]

What are some fun, sensible things to do on a long flight? (fun thing to do for a sensible grown up... i.e - not childish or immature)

View more questions Search