Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harm123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Grade 11 Physics Homework important
    hi, I'm new to this site...
    I have this assignment for physics (grade 11 university) and I don't understand, so whoever is answering this, can they please tell me everything in clear steps.
    There are many similar questions for practise but I just need one clear list of steps:

There is a shape of a graph (parabola). I should be able to recognize and name these shapes. I should also be able to convert each graph to a linear equivalent.

Steps are:

1. Plot the following data.
    2. Determine the relationship between the variables.
    3. Replot to obtain a straight line.
    4.Find the slope of the straight line.
    5.Include units where applicable
    6.Determine the equation of the variables.

Dependent Varible 0.0, 0.5, 2.0, 4.5, 8.0, 12.5
    Independent Variable 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0

^^So how would I do this??
    and what if the parabola was negative or something else or something, then how would I find the equation and stuff?? PLEASE I NEED HELP, please answer the question provided above first!!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 7, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "I should be able to convert each graph to a linear equivalent" - please clarify. If you are given data that fits a parabola, as in the example you gave, the only way to replot as a straight line is to plot on log paper - is that what you're trying to do? Or are you being asked to fit the best straight line approximation of the parabola?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grade 11 physics [ 46 Answers ]

This is a pretty good question and I have no clue for the answer, can someone help?:confused: According to newtons third law , when a horse pulls on a cart, the cart pulls back with an equal force on the horse. If, in fact, the cart pulls back on the horse as the horse pulls forward on the...

Homework language homework [ 1 Answers ]

You see well I have this homeworkassighmentthat isdo first thing in the morning so all I ask is that you write down some words in azorean langugauge! Words: Pencil Sharpener Paper Crayon Pen Binder

Physics grade 11 [ 1 Answers ]

A cave explorer drops a pebble into a cavern to find how far down it is to the water. The stone is heard hitting the water 1.8 s after release. If the speed of sound in the air in the cave is 345 m/s, how deep is the cavern? The answer is 15 m. How do you get this number using d=4.9(t)^2 and...

Physics homework [ 6 Answers ]

If a free falling rock were equipped with an odometer, would the readings for distance fallen each second stay the same, increase with time, or decrease with time?

Physics Homework [ 7 Answers ]

if a rock is falling at 10 m/s and was dropped near the surface of a planet where g = 20 m/s^2 by how much would its speed change each second

View more questions Search