Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 16, 2007, 08:19 PM
    Whiplash, Sprains, & Strains in back & neck
    I was in a car wreck 2 weeks ago. I had a Dr. appointment today and he told me I have a cervical strain and I will need to wear a cervical collar and go to Physical Therapy. I have been feeling sick to my stomach all day today. I feel like I'm going to throw up right now. Is this typical? Could it be caused by my injury or is it something else?
    tombb25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Apr 16, 2007, 10:34 PM
    I would say what your feeling is probably not that unusual. Your system and nerves are probably a little messed up because of the accident. Also, did the doctor prescribe you muscle relaxers or pain killers? These may be messing up your stomach a little and you may not want to take them if it is bothering you. Cervical strains are very typical in car accidents, especially rear end accidents and typically can heal themselves in 4-6 weeks naturally. The collar seems a little much unless the accident involved a large impact. I would say if your illness continues into tomorrow you should consult the physician again and see what may be causing the nausea, I would just rest and take it easy personally and try to get your mind on something else.
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 6, 2008, 06:30 PM
    I was in an auto accident a little over two weeks ago, got nailed from the side. Felt okay at first then the whiplash set in. (I would PAY to be able to get comfortable right now!)
    I've been under the care of a chiropractor for most of these past two weeks, daily visits doing adjustments on my cervical vertebrae. During this process he has advised me that as the muscles relax (because believe it or not, they're still in knots!) they release all those chemicals they've been holding into your body... the result can be headaches (boy howdy are there headaches!) and feeling nauseated. Drink lots of water to help dilute the stuff your muscles are releasing.
    Make sure you let your doctor know what you are feeling in case there is anything else they need to look into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will he change his mind & want me back? [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had been going out for nearly 8 months. We had a really strong, happy relationship, and nothing was going wrongly. Over the last month, we've had a couple of arguments, and when I look back at one of them, it was hardly an argument. But last week he ended it with me, suddenly. ...

400 amp service with 2-200 amp panels & 320 amp socket [ 6 Answers ]

Hi TK. I am running 400 amp service into my new contruction home. The electric compnay is running a single 400 amp line to the meter. I have to split it to the two panels at that point. You had told me once before that I need a 320 amp meter socket and then run 2-200 amp lines to the separate...

How I can reduce fat in my chin & neck areas [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am an indian having a fair skin.but my problem is that though my body is good but due to fat around my face in the neck areas I look a little bit older than I am.

Help! Toilet & Shower Back Up [ 1 Answers ]

Ok well it started with me taking a shower this afternoon. The water was draining really slow... I didn't think too much of it. Well as time went on the toilet began to back up as well and now when we try and plunge the toilet the shower floods. Any suggestions?

Neck and Back Pain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm a 20 year old male and for the last 4-5 years I've been suffering from neck and back pain. About 5 years ago, I was involved in a car accident. My dad was driving me and my bro to my cos's house. The day before, there had been a major snow storm. We were travelling on the high...

View more questions Search