Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyphat225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Physical Assault
    What is the statute of limitations on physical assault in New York State, I believe that it is 3 years, but I'm not sure. It is for a case with someone fracturing or breaking another's jaw.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 6, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Please, pick up the phone and call the District Attorney for your district. Ask for a prosecuting attorney within the Domestic Courts section.

That should be your source for information of this type. I also believe that 3 years is the time limit to bring charges on a simple assault, but I'm not sure.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Hello baby:

If it's an assault that YOU might be prosecuted for, I certainly wouldn't call the prosecutors office. Your file that's been lost till now just might be found because you called.

I would hire a lawyer or go to a law library.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assault by a coworker [ 4 Answers ]

I desperately need some advice, my friend was hit by one of his co-workers while they where working, The my friend was just busy like always and the co-worker walked up to him and started hitting him. Is there any thing that we can do about this? Please, this is really important, he has bruises in...

The assault on free speech (and one triumph) [ 22 Answers ]

Oakland California : Some public workers produced a flier in which they said "marriage is the foundation of the natural family and sustains family values." This was treated as "hate speech" by the city government after another city employee, who is a lesbian, said she "felt threatened" by the...

Assault based only on her word [ 3 Answers ]

When I went to pick up my daughter on Sat. her monster(mother) freaked out when I told her to return a car I had let her borrow. Anyway she would not let me out of the house and continually bared the door by throwing herself against it (she is fat). So I pushed her out of the way and left with my...

Was accused of assault the other night [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys new here, just was wondering if anybody can help me. Last night I was at a club and someone got hit with a beer bottle. Anyway while I was there a officer at the night club brought me to a security room above the night club and said they were going to review video. I guess I fit the...

Assault [ 2 Answers ]

A guy at my work that no one likes except two managers threaten me then he shoved me in the face. Now it all started when I got into a confutation with the two managers that like this guy so much. They started the whole situation by aggrivating me, when one of the mangers said if I continue...

View more questions Search