Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Computer unable to load
    I have problem wth my PC at home.my computer unable to start when it turn to on,it switch off automaticaly ,but some time it works and boot successful ,is that problem cause by bios or mother.I already test all my hardwhere all looks o.k.it seems like no display at all and suddenly turn off it self ,may I have the answer for these problem.TQ:) k:) :)
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 15, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Have you checked the power supply? Unplug it from the mainboard. Use a paperclip or piece of wire and short pin 16 to pin 17. The power supply should turn on. See here for info.

Have you cleaned out the computer? Vacuum the dust, etc. Could be an overheating problem.

How old is this computer?
    shanker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Still unable to switch
    Hi ,I tried to test the power supply it works,pin 16 &17, I think my p/supply is OK... I have used my computer since 2 years back.I think not too old,I am using AMD proc.mother board -gigabyte,ram 256 .should be other fault to troubleshoot ,is that bios start problem or my hard disk... TQ
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 18, 2007, 06:55 PM
    If you think it's the bios, do a cmos reset.

Next you should check if there is a bios update.
    vinodscrb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 02:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shanker
    i have problem wth my pc at home.my computer unable to start when it turn to on,it switch off automaticaly ,but some time it works and boot succesful ,is that problem cause by bios or mother.i allready test all my hardwhere all looks o.k.it seems like no display at all and suddenly turn off it self ,may i have the answer for these problem.TQ:) k:) :)

The problem you are facing is too similar to which I had faced.
    U remove your pc's cabinet and check whether the processor if cleanly fixed bcoz as the processor which has 4 pins should get insert into the motherboard should be properly fixed.

If any one of the pins is not properly fixed then this problem arises.
    Kindly check out this whether all the pins are properly fixed to the board.
    dcomputer Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 08:21 AM
    The issue is your power supply, buy one with a little more power and it should fix it. If you have a 300watt then buy a 350 or 400 watt. Removing it is easy and replacing it is simple.
    Vincent1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 03:05 AM
    When I turn on my IBM laptop, it can not boot up, how can I retrieve the data on the HD? Help me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal computer as sole computer at work [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a non-profit which has a very low (almost non-existant) budget. When I started work, I agreed to use my personal laptop, which I had purchased about 2 years prior, as my work computer because they could not afford to provide the equipment I needed to do my job (marketing, PR, web...

Printer Unable to load drivers [ 2 Answers ]

I have a client who is unable to print. They deleted their old printer and wanted to add it again. They contated me when it did not work. I got the latest driver from Ricoh and deleted the driver from their PC. Then I tried to install it using the new driver. As it was loading the driver I got an...

Unable to start up the computer [ 2 Answers ]

Dear All, I have a problem with my computer. When ever I try to start the comuter the CPU make some sound and this will keep on going and the computer will not stat up. Why? I changed the boot preference to Hard disc thinking that my floppy drive is damaged. How can I solve it Thanks Lijo

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search