Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevyo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 11:07 AM
    How to open cpu case on Sony VGC RC110G desktop
    I have a hp lightscribe cd/dvd drive installed in my computer. Has always worked great. Apparently I did not insert a cd completely, and now it will not eject. I have tried my computer and eject under d drive, it tries to open both with the eject button and going to my computer d drive and eject. I can't figure out how to open the case on my sony VGC RC110G, I guess I need to remove the dvd drive and manually remove the stuck cd in it. Any help?? Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Look for a small pinhhole under the drawer. Unbend a paperclip and stick it into the pin hole. That should manually open the drawer.

As for how to open the case, Go to Sony's Web site and look for the manuals for that model.
    chevyo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Look for a small pinhhole under the drawer. Unbend a paperclip and stick it into the pin hole. That should manually open the drawer.

As for how to open the case, Go to Sony's Web site and look for the manuals for that model.
    I had already tried this also, and it is stuck... it makes a sound to open but still does not open. I can't find a manual on sony's site that would show how to open this case... it has 4 screws in back, but this does not release the sides. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Gee it took me about 1 minute to find this:

Sony eSupport - VGC-RC110G

Then I clicked on the User guide, opend the Upgrading Chapter and found illustrated instructions to open the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open windows XP desktop folder [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My father had a motherboard failure on his computer. He decided to get a new computer. But there is a folder on the desktop of his old computer called PICTURES that he wants to access. I installed his old HD into the new computer as a second HD. I am able to access the DOCUMENTS...

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 2 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? Thanks

Why is the name of sony company is SONY? [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the name of sony company is SONY?

View more questions Search