Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrJohnson Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Canon 400D with Sandisk Compact Flash
    Hello all,
    Just wandering if anyone has tried using a Sandisk Extreme 111 compact flash card with a Canon 400D Digital SLR Camera. I've found the card in a shop pretty cheap but don't want to buy it in case it turns out to be a heap of junk in my camera and I wouldn't trust the pimply faced kids that work in this shop as far a I could throw them.
    Thanks for listening.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Sep 18, 2008, 08:44 AM
    According to Sandisk, the Extreme III cards are compatible with your Canon 400D (Rebel Xti) camera:

SanDisk | Compatibility | Compatible products

You will probably find the best speed increase (versus older/slower cards) when you use this card in a card reader when uploading the files to your computer, rather than connecting the camera directly to your computer. If your computer has a firewire port, a firewire card reader will be MUCH faster than the more common USB card reader. I recently purchased a Firewire800 card reader from B&H, and my 4GB CF cards upload in ~1/5th the time as before when I was using a USB card reader. You can read more about CF card upload speeds and methods here:

Rob Galbraith DPI: Card-to-Computer (CompactFlash Readers)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compact Flash [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to digital photography and cannot find a solution to my problem. If I check the compact flash in my Canon XTi it says no images, but if I put it in the card reader and then into my laptop, there's images. Any ideas?

Flash Action Script-Programming in Flash cs3 professional [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Does anybody know 1. method to creating a folder using Flash action script ? 2.Any good sites to learn Flash action script ? 3.Code to make a button in flash to browse for a image file and then to display its path? Thanks in Advance.. :)

Sandisk 2GB with a mac [ 3 Answers ]

We bought a new 2GB sandisk cruzer to transfer songs from itunes in a 2 year old mac to our new mac (laptops). We were using a sandisk 256MG cruzer. It only held about 50 songs. We thought the 2GB would hold 8 times as many songs (at least 7 times as many) but it doesn't. We can get sometimes...

Sandisk iPod [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best/cheapest website for downloading Songs for a sandisk iPod. We were using bearshare But now they are starting to charge. Is there a Site that just charges a monthly fee and not charge Per song downloaded?

View more questions Search