Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spdgnzls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Taking pictuers of sports at night
    I have a CANON S2 IS camera and I have tried all setings to try to get good pictuers, My pictuers come out blury or dark:confused:
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
    The flash will only go out a certain length of area, even with a good flash or scoop. So if you are not very close they will be dark. If you are using a digital camera, ( I'm not sure if that one is digital or not, I've been out of photography for a little while) that could be why your picture are blurry, digital take a little longer to snap the picture than a film camera and film cameras generally take clearer pictures of moving action.
    ranger59 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Dec 3, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Have you tried setting the shutter speed to a setting of around 100-125? Also are you shooting in a well lite area?
    cdnphotog Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2007, 09:58 PM
    Standard sports setting for NBA or NHL - Shutter speed 500 of a sec or faster, Lens wide open (2.8), ISO 800-1600 - and still you can't always freeze the action!

Best way to use a point and shoot for sports:
    Shoot in the best lit area of the arena or field. Try upping the ISO of the camera - 400 iso or even 800 iso. Try panning with subject (takes some practice) but you can use the blur to your advantage! Think a about pre -focusing if focus is an issue.

Good Luck!

Best option: Buy a digital SLR camera with a fast (2.8) lens!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with taking pictures at night in lighted stadium [ 5 Answers ]

My son plays football for our local High School and I just recently bought a Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera. I am not new to the digital camera world but for some reason when taking pictures at this stadium I get all dark photos! What am I doing wrong? I have set my camera on all settings and...

Sports under the influence [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, there is a rampant use of drugs in what seems to be in just about every sport. Consider this: Make a whole class of sports where it is a REQUIREMENT to be under the influence of something. Evey athlete gets tested before the event, and if they are sober, they don't play. XenoSapien

Taking pictures at night [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble taking pictures in a lighted stadium at night. I have a digital camera(about 4 months old new) and have tried everything. Should I use reg 35 mil camera or is there a setting for stadium lighting with my digital camera? I have asked this before, with no answer. Hopefully someone...

Sports -Boxing [ 3 Answers ]

How many pounds, of weight, will a boxer in the middleweight division, normally gain, by fight time, after the official weigh-in?

View more questions Search