Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cybercake Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 07:32 AM
    Pests
    Should I have my home professionally cleaned after I am rid of scabies? Is this haz mat cleaning?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2013, 08:41 AM
    Probably wouldn't hurt but this is not haz mat cleaning. You really need to deep clean upholstered furniture and carpets. Make sure you wash sheets and clothing in hot water, not warm. Congratulations on getting rid of this pest.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Deep cleaning, yes.

Hazmat remediation, no.

The CDC seems to think that you don't even need a pest control treatment.
    CDC - Scabies - Prevention & Control

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Garden pests [ 0 Answers ]

I live in the canary islands and I have lots of pests in my plants,can you help me get rid of them, the main kind are white and are similar to the grey ones in england that like the damp and they roll up into a ball.

What are different pests found in establishment [ 1 Answers ]

What are the different pests that can be found in establishment and what are the ways to control or prevent them?

I've tried everything how do I get rid of these pests [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has had scabies and lice for almost three months. I've cleaned and scoured and bleached and washed and quarantied and numerous other things. We've used over the counter meds and prescription meds then spent three hours picking them out one by one. Then about two weeks later the...

Pests in the home [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought a 32 year old home and it seems that the interior walls contain an infestation of roaches. What is the best way to get rid of them. It also seems that a rat or mice lived in the home while it was vacant. What can I do to make sure they don't return, without using harmful...

Indoor pests [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had a second sump pump installed in the ground level of our home. There has been a excessive amount of crickets. How do we rid of them so we can enjoy the family space on our lower level?

View more questions Search