Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joddi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2010, 06:41 PM
    What can I do to get rid of mites. I have a springer spaniel named cody. He's one year
    I am a new dog owner, this is my first dog. He is a springer spaniel, and gentle as can be. We live around a wooded area, but he has shots and fle pills worm pill etc. etc. but he keeps going after his ears and being new at this I'm not sure what it is or what to do. Some say its mites, what do I do to get rid of them? Please help as I am a novace at this. His name is cody shadowalker.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2010, 10:16 PM

Hi Joddi,
    You will need to get him checked by a vet to determine whether it really is mites and get the appropriate medication.

There isn't really much you can do for mites at home.

Are they in his ears or on his body?
    Demadectic and Sarcoptic mange is when the dog loses hair on either its head or entire body. Dermadectic can be cured whereas Sarcoptic requires ongoing treatment.

If it's just the ears then it's a simple case of getting some ear drops and applying them as directed by your vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Welsh springer spaniel [ 2 Answers ]

Ihave a welsh springer spaniel who is 2 and a half years old, he has always been good when left alone, but I have just gone through a marriage breakdown and now every time I leave him he pees up against my curtains, chews up the rug at the door and goes absolutely mad at the back door can someone...

Question about Springer Spaniel [ 2 Answers ]

My Springer Spaniel is 11 years old. The past year he has developed these lumps all over his body. Some are small nodules and other were small fatty tissues and now they have grown very large. We take him to the vet periodically and the vet has said as long as they do not fester or bother him leave...

Fussy Eating Springer Spaniel [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. We rehomed a lovely bouncy unspayed 20 month old pedigree springer spaniel 4 weeks ago, we had her food and biscuits from her old home (a lovely family that just didn't have the time they thought she deserved). She was being fed a cup of milk with a raw egg whisked into it in the...

Springer Spaniel Not Eating All His Food [ 1 Answers ]

HI I was wondering if anyone could help I have a 11 month old Springer Spaniel who has always eaten all his food until recently. I have not changed his food or given him treats he eats about half of it and then leaves it. I have also noticed that he is not content to just eat his food he is much...

View more questions Search