Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megmor98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Tiny bugs on mail
    I, like most people, have very little time during the week to sort through mail, so I have a nice little corner on my counter that I stack the daily mail, magazines, flyers.. etc... until I get the chance to go through them. Two weeks ago, sorting through the pile I noticed a couple tiny, almost clear bugs on the envelopes/papers. I grabbed the pile, and went outside and sorted through the pile out there... I did not put any of that pile back on the counter. Cleaned the counter thoroughly and attributed this event to "wet" mail from the rain we had. Low and behold... I picked this weeks pile up and identified more. Outside I went again. I guess the thing to do is go through it daily, which will be difficult, but has anyone else encountered this?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 09:21 AM
    First thing to do is get a flashlight and check your mailbox very thouroughly. They could be any number of types of bugs.

As to is it common, not really. The most common bugs found with postage due (sorry, smart-aleck showing through) are ants from the base of the mailbox post.

If you can post a picture or capture some specimens, getting them identified will help you figure out how to get rid of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little tiny bugs [ 13 Answers ]

just lastnite I kept noticing I would itch in random places like something was crawling(the crawl pretty fast) on me and it was a very little bug smaller than a period.I have found one at a time randomly Do you know what kind of bug this could be?

TINY bugs on my min pin [ 2 Answers ]

My senior min pin has teeny, tiny bugs crawling on her stomach and around her privates!! They are NOT fleas, bedbugs, or lice. They are fast-moving and are about 1/4 the size of fleas... They are only on her - not our other dogs and not in her bedding, etc... I bathed her and within a...

Tiny black bugs [ 2 Answers ]

I have hundreds of tiny black bugs in my bathtub and sink. The are only about 1/8 inch long with about 6 or 8 legs. The body is oval with a point at one end and two little curving antennae (?) coming out from the point. I live in the high desert area of Southern California and I've just started...

Tiny bugs, look like a tiny brain [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, It is that time of year again and those brain bugs are back. They fly, are kind of grey and don't seem to do much. They are around my bay windows and other sills, one on a wall here and there but not as much as the Bay. I was told once they might be sill bugs. Have no idea where they come...

Tiny little brownish bugs on my dog [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know what kind of bugs besides Fleas or ticks that could get on my dog? I know that sounds stupid but I found a bug well 3 on my dog. It looks like what you would get in your flour in the house like a weevil but when I look at what a weevil looks like that is not it. How should...

View more questions Search