Ask
    kimlinds7788 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Bees living in dirt
    What kind of bees live in dirt below sidewalks? They look like bubble bees
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 02:09 PM
    More than likely they are indeed Bumble Bees. They make a hive just as honeybees do. How close is this to a human habitat?
    kimlinds7788 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 02:15 PM
    The bees are living under the concrete slab right at the front door...
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 02:26 PM
    You should contact an exterminator. Bumble bee stings have a lot of venom and can cause the person stung to become sensitized or allergic to bee stings. Most beekkeepers that I know of are not interested in bumblebees.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jun 20, 2009, 11:17 AM

Might also be yellow jackets, which can sting pretty badly and tend to gang up on you if annoyed. They are slightly smaller than honey bees.
    Alyeska Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Jun 20, 2009, 11:55 AM

They may be bumble bees that made their hive under the sidewalk. You should keep away from there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Carpenter Bees [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shed in my backyard, it sit on a cement pad about 3-4 inches off the ground. I have carpenter bees drilling holes in the 1x3 under the wood siding in the front of the shed. There are quite a few males flying around to the point that the children cannot enter the yard without being swarmed....

Carpenter bees [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently found an alarming number of carpenter bees in my front yard. Under further investigation I have found many holes and believe they are nesting in a large apple tree. I am not even able to pick up the fallen apples because of the sheer number of bees. I need to know how I can get...

Birds and the Bees [ 7 Answers ]

A father asked his 10-year old son if he knew about the birds and the bees. 'I don't want to know,' the child said, bursting into tears. 'Promise me you won't tell me.' Confused, the father asked what was wrong. The boy sobbed, 'When I was six, I got the 'There's no Easter Bunny' speech....

Why! Are all the bees dying [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Im Thomas ,Iam very concerned about the exstinktion of many species ,Are the paulanaiting bees next? How will we grow fruit maybe we can invent a spay paulin ,:confused:

View more questions Search