Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Giseledias Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 02:37 AM
    Why do some guys keep flirting and trying to attract girls till they start noticing t
    Why do some guys keep flirting and trying to attract girls till they start noticing them but then once these girls start noticing them and giving them a little bit of attention then why do the guys act uninterested ? Are these guys just fooling around with no serious intention. Or are they withdrawing to see if the girl is seriously chasing? Also are there any love spells that one can use to charm or attract another such as to make him/her fall in love with them? I have just heard that such things exist but don't really know how true it is.
    Hathor Posts: 73, Reputation: 9

Mar 21, 2009, 02:52 AM

I've had a few experiences like that too and got hurt. After that I taught myself to be more careful of my heart (or paranoid rather haha).

Anyway, not all guys are the same. Some are real attention-seeking jerks and don't want any commitment to begin with. They're just pervs trying to get attention. And there are those who are less jerky, but just being impatient. Maybe they thought the girl is playing hard to get and they're tired of the chasing game so they drop out. Of course, maybe that girl wasn't paying hard to get, she wasn't sure whatever. I think it's just a matter of different takes on timespan.

Don't know about love spell though.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 07:06 AM

Ok I deal in the realm of reality and I think that if you think you need some spell to get a guy to like you

HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!

Really, some guys are jerks, just like some girls are b!tches.

When you find one that is for you, you'll know it, and you know it when he's not. Don't deny your instincts. If he's acting like a jerk then take him as one and move onto someone who isn't.

Mar 21, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    Ok I deal in the realm of reality and I think that if you think you need some spell to get a guy to like you

HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!

Really, some guys are jerks, just like some girls are b!tches.

When you find one that is for you, you'll know it, and you know it when he's not. Don't deny your instincts. If he's acting like a jerk then take him as one and move onto someone who isn't.
    I agree to some extent but disagree with your generalization. People, both men and women, are complicated creatures, so we don't always have this consistency in our actions. Maybe some jerks 5 years ago can turn out to be prince charmings (like in Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones Dairy etc) for you now, who knows. It depends on LOTS of variants.

And I think this HE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU concept is way overrated (to be used to explain ANY case that is). Even in that famous Sex and the City episode, Miranda found out in the end that it's not always the case when she quickly assumed her date wasn't into her because he ended the date abruptly, turned out, he had diahrea.

You'll know, if you have good instincts and are not on meds :P , you'll know, doesn't take any concept to teach you that.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hathor View Post
    I agree to some extent but disagree with your generalization. ppl, both men and women, are complicated creatures, so we don't always have this consistency in our actions. Maybe some jerks 5 years ago can turn out to be prince charmings (like in Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones Dairy etc) for you now, who knows. It depends on LOTS of variants.

And I think this HE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU concept is way overrated (to be used to explain ANY case that is). Even in that famous Sex and the City episode, Miranda found out in the end that it's not always the case when she quickly assumed her date wasn't into her cos he ended the date abruptly, turned out, he had diahrea.

You'll know, if you have good instincts and are not on meds :P , you'll know, doesn't take any concept to teach you that.
    So your answer is what here... wait around, or maybe bump into them in 5 years time, give them a chance.. maybe they've changed?

As for the he's just not that into you, no, I think that if someone is not treating you well then, they're not that into you. Regardless of the variants, they are not good enough for you.

Mar 21, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    So your answer is what here...wait around, or maybe bump into them in 5 years time, give them a chance..maybe they've changed?!

As for the he's just not that into you, no, I think that if someone is not treating you well then, they're not that into you. Regardless of the variants, they are not good enough for you.
    You totally miss my point. Maybe you read too fast.

I agreed with you on using our OWN instincts. My point was, but we have to also be careful not to JUMP INTO CONCLUSION TOO FAST (which you were doing). Maybe the jerks that we thought they were might not really be jerks. Of course, if they treat you badly, then they're jerks, again, getting back to the point of USING ONE'S OWN INSTINCTS, what is acceptable and what is not, it's totally up to the individual's judgment.

And it has nothing to do with waiting around for 5 years. Are you kidding me? You really need to read more slowly. That's just an example to back up my point that sometimes people aren't who we thought they were, misunderstandings can happen. I didn't say you HAVE TO wait around 5 years. If they treat you badly, leave, period. So it's not even a matter of he's into you or not.

NO ONE SHOULD BE TREATED BADLY ANYWAY, REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT THE PERSON IS OR IS NOT INTO YOU.

SO THE HE'S NOT INTO YOU PART IS IRRELEVANT.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 01:53 PM

It's guys like those who make it so much more difficult for the rest of the guys. I guess the only thing is to stay away from them.

I guess you're at a phase where nice guys are still too boring for you?
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 02:08 PM
    I don't know why they act like that, but personally I think they're a wast of time any how. I do think however that some people like the attention... and others they want to chase and not be chased... but everyone differs of course.

Like neverme said; you should really trust your instincts. Follow your gut.

As for love spells... I really don't believe in stuff like that, besides why would you want induce false infatuation in someone. LOL I don't know how old you are, but have you seen The Craft. Shows you a love spell gone seriously wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

Is my husband gone too far with flirting with other girls? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband started a Facebook after we got married; which, I was 17. This was three years ago. He adds girls that he just meets through me. He started a myspace the other day and put his status as single. He touches and talkes and playes around with other girls. Is he taking it to far or am I just...

What do girls want to here from guys. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: OK listen Im a 19yr old hot male and lonely... the prob is that Im just to quite... I mean girls say Im good looking all the time... when Im around them wordz just don't come out... I just get speechless... and when its quite things get a little awarded... I just don't know what to...

For Girls: Is this Flirting? [ 13 Answers ]

Ok, so here's my first question ever on this site. I hope it's the right forum. Sorry if it's too long, but this has really been buggin me and I'd like to get the right answer. There's this girl at my company that's really making me self-conscious. I'm not sure if her actions are a form of...

View more questions Search