Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Konatown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Level 2 termite damage
    Does anyone know what "Level 2" termite damage is? I am buying a house and the seller said that after the termite inspection, he'd be liable for Level 1 damage, but I'd be liable for Level 2 or higher. Sounds like it might be expensive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 07:14 PM
    OK, you are making an offer on the house, pending the home inspection, if you made a standard offer, if there is too much damage you just don't buy it, if there is damage that needs to be fixed, you tell him that he fixes if or you walk away from the purchase.

Seller does not set the rules, you set what rules you will buy it under, if he does not agree, walk away.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 7, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Not sure what lvl 2 damage is, but I suspect structural prob. Besides, he's all but admitted termites r there, & since chlorodane was banned in US, I'd look in another neighborhood. (Nothing in use today guarantees nest eradication.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wood joist repair and termite damage [ 0 Answers ]

Hi,this is a two part question concerning home repair.My mom has had an under the home inspection.This is a 1 level 700 square feet home.There has been some termite infestation. The floor sagging depth is an 1 1/2 to the middle rear of home.Kitchen and adjacent bedroom is affected.The kitchen is...

Termite damage in crawl space [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace flooring in bathroom because of termite damage. My question is that my floor joist are wood I beams can I sister them with other lumber or how do I repair damaged areas? The entire joist is not damaged I am hoping I that only the flooring is only damaged.

Termite damage in beam supporting floor joists [ 2 Answers ]

Termites got into the end of a beam supporting the floor joists in a crawl space under the first floor. I think I can use floor jacks and termporary beams on either side of the damaged beam to support the floor, then cut our the damaged beam. It is about 8 ft from the concrete foundation wall to...

Termite Question [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have termites in a piece of wood in my garage. I see the mud tube coming up from the edge of the foundation and entering into a stud. The wood seems solid and I'm thinking of removing and replacing it, but what about the ones I don't get when I cut it out? Anyone had any experience with these...

View more questions Search