Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigMistake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Pregnant By A 3-Night Stand! Guy Is A Mean Loser!
    He's a loser and I'm an idiot woman. I am pregnant (about 1 month) and this guy and I had sex 3 times in the last year. He's being mean and nasty and/or ignoring me now, so I'd like to know what rights I have and what he will be mandated to do as far as financial support. I didn't do this alone, so I hope the law at least will make him step up to the plate.
    We live in NY state if that helps. It is hard enough to do this alone, and though it would be nice to work it out with him, he's mean and uncooperative. I cannot afford to do this alone, but I'm going to have my baby. Does he have to pay child support and anything else? Should I get an attorney so early on just to prepare myself for what to expect, knowing my obligations and his? Thanks so much!
    stephmgr Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMistake
    He's a loser and I'm an idiot woman. I am pregnant (about 1 month) and this guy and I had sex 3 times in the last year. He's being mean and nasty and/or ignoring me now, so I'd like to know what rights I have and what he will be mandated to do as far as financial support. I didn't do this alone, so I hope the law at least will make him step up to the plate.
    We live in NY state if that helps. It is hard enough to do this alone, and though it would be nice to work it out with him, he's mean and uncooperative. I cannot afford to do this alone, but I'm going to have my baby. Does he have to pay child support and anything else? Should I get an attorney so early on just to prepare myself for what to expect, knowing my obligations and his? Thanks so much!
    I have been through this before but I live in Pa and do not know all the tech. of NY. But you take the bastard to Domestics and they will order a paternity test and you file for child support. Yes... a lawyer would help but you don't really need one to file initially.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 06:19 PM
    As soon as the child is born you basically file for custody and child support, he may or may not ask for visitation,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do you watch The Biggest Loser ? [ 6 Answers ]

To tell you the truth I am fan of The Biggest Loser show and I can relate to a lot of the problems those people are going through. How many of you are watching this show. Do you like it ?

Bi guy falls for straight guy [ 6 Answers ]

Im a 34 yrs old and realized I'm bi sexual have not crossed over yet but very much on the move. 6 months I've been real close to a guy whom I've known for almost 20 years but do to the difference in age (hes 8yrs younger) we've just connected deeply over the past summer. The past month he's come...

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

Where do I stand? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site but my head is going crazy with thought an I need help pleasssse I met this guy about 2 weeks ago we have been on 3 dates which were all really good we have spoke everyday by phone or text but I felt like maybe I was always in touch with him first then read this article about...

View more questions Search