Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QueenElizabeth1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 02:10 PM
    After 5year on and off Relationship , how to keep it off!
    I and my ex- boyfriend were together for 5 years on and off. We meet when I was 18y.o and he was 20y.o. He was my first boyfriend. I try to move on twice during and after the relationship (I’m always comparing my ex to a guy I meet). We were engaged however I believe he wasn’t serious. He made it clear to me “wait for marriage and he want a baby now”. I know he not good for me however I can't get over him. I find myself thinking about him every day. We talk once a month. It’s hard to talk to him because I have so many mix emotions. I am happy to hear his voice, sad, hurtful, and etc. I will be 24 soon between working and in school. This is my moment to enjoy life however I’m trapped in love with someone that not committed to making this work.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 1, 2008, 04:05 PM

You're going to have to fill your life with more than just work and boyfriend. Since you're off with the boyfriend, as soon as you get off work you start thinking about him because you have nothing else meaningful to do with your mind.

So let's make a list. What are some things you enjoy but don't do? What are some things you used to do but stopped? Things you've always wanted to try and never got around to it? Second jobs? Volunteering/Charity work? People-centric hobbies you could take up? Schooling?

You'll have to make this list and seriously jump into several of them.

The best life is a full, well-rounded activity calendar that puts you in contact with lots of people all week long. Then, a guy that meets you in that circumstance is most likely a much healthier candidate, too. Meanwhile... you're getting a lot accomplished.

Don't worry about thinking about him, that's normal. Just try to minimize the amount of time you have to dedicate to that.
    EN Ken Posts: 67, Reputation: 6

Nov 1, 2008, 09:41 PM
    In order to break your connection to him, I would figure out what the basis of that connection is.

What is it about him that you like and that you don't like? What is it that makes you feel like you want him around? What do you think about when you think about him? If you could choose what your future with him looked like, what would it be? What is he currently offering you in terms of relationships?

If you could answer those questions, then we'd be in a much better position to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

How to act in a new relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, So its been over a year since I was in a 'relationship' and I've just gotten into something more serious with a girl I really like. But something is concerning me. Because I've been single for so long (I'm 19 and a year is a long time for me) I've gotten used to flirting with girls and...

The best relationship! [ 4 Answers ]

Is anyone actually in a good relationship? If yes, write your stories here, because I as well as others are going though heartbreak and reading all these threads is making me lose some inspiration for future love. Write your good relationship stories for some good inspiration ! :)

View more questions Search