Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chukur Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Self confidence
    What is the best way to develop self confidence?
    cmc1985 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 01:44 AM
    I have issues with this as well. It would be good to just talk with your friends about whatever. Have a good support system.. Right now I'm actually scared to death because I'm going to college in August and the course I'm going into requires I take a Public Speaking course. I am NOT good at this at all. I get panicky and anxious. But I'm going to make myself do it. I'm sure I'll feel a lot more confident after the class is over! Ummm... other ways to be confident... go shopping and pick out some cute clothes and makeup! LOL That always makes me feel better when I look nice. :)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 1, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Surround yourself with positive people, and stay away from negative people. Get involved in activities you are interested in. Find a hobby or a craft that will boost your confidence when people see what you've done. Volunteer, or be a mentor for less fortunate people.

Wake up everyday, and decide you are going to do an act of kindness for someone. It could be something as simple as helping an elderly person who is having trouble carrying his/her groceries, to helping a person younger than you with a math problem... and so on. There is a wide range of things you can do that will boost your confidence.

I don't know how old you are, but the most attractive thing to a boy or a man, or people in general, is self confidence! Hold your head high, smile like you are the happiest person in the world, (even if you're not) and project the confidence that you want to have. Other people will pick up on your security that you have in yourself, and will want to be around you.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 1, 2008, 02:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc1985
    I have issues with this as well. It would be good to just talk with your friends about whatever. Have a good support system.. Right now I'm actually scared to death because I'm going to college in August and the course I'm going into requires I take a Public Speaking course. I am NOT good at this at all. I get panicky and anxious. But I'm going to make myself do it. I'm sure I'll feel alot more confident after the class is over! Ummm....other ways to be confident...go shopping and pick out some cute clothes and makeup! LOL That always makes me feel better when I look nice. :)
    If you have a friend in your class, it might help you to look at her/him, to give you focus and comfort. You can have little signals between the two of you, to tell you that you are doing just fine, or even some other little signals between the two of you, where they can remind you to take a breath and focus. It helps to have someone in the room who has your back! ;) And yes, if you know you look good and feel good, that helps a lot!
    krishiafaith Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 12:14 AM
    Be inspired and always put in your mind that, "Others can, so therefore I can do that too...." Always remember your friends and family who are always there at your side to love and protect you... Get involved in many activities and organizations that will help you to become a better person. Try to develop your talents and skills and for sure you will learn more than that. The last but not the least, always wear your friendly smile to everybody...
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Think positive. Stay positive at all times even when life it throwing you around... and it will. When you get handed a bad situation turn it around so that it has a positive meaning to you. Sometimes that can be a challenge... and sometimes that challenge is the fun part.
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Jul 30, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I found this book extremely helpful. It's called," The Magic of Thinking Big" by David Schwartz.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I haven't the confidence [ 3 Answers ]

When I really like a girl I go shy my confidence is in different state of mind I makes me coward not saying what I want to say not being able to ask girls out and so on. Is there any advice on how to boost my confidence

No Confidence [ 2 Answers ]

I have no confidence and very low self esteem. This has a very big impact on all aspects of my life. I am forever putting myself down, I cannot accept compliments although people tell me all the time I am an attractive women. I allow people to use me because I do not think much of myself. I...

NO confidence [ 1 Answers ]

Im meant to be going college today to talk about what I want to do.. And I'm scared I've got confidence in other aspects of my life but starting college is scary I got attackd in school and dropped out and fell into a depression and startd self-harming I'm trying to get over that its working but...

Where has my confidence gone? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pick yourself up after you have fallen so deep into this hole. I have become the lowest of the low. Myself confidence is lost... I don't have a grasp at anything anymore. I feel as if I have lost my ground, no I don't have a ground anymore... It's like I am floating. I've completely...

View more questions Search