Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jshrckstar Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Jan 19, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Told girlfriend that I love her!
    So, I've been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now. After about the second month I started to realize that I was falling for this girl. I didn't say anything at the time because I was unsure if I was really feeling these kinds of emotions. Well, I did realize that I do feel this way about her, and so I ended up telling her in a mild way. I told her that "I feel for you more than just caring" Now, I'm not sure if she knew that I meant that I've fallen for her or not? Anyway, I told her this and she really didn't say too much. So, I went out for a smoke, cause I obviously felt like an idiot! :) I came back, and she said that she isn't sure if she is feeling those same feelings for me. So, I asked her if she wanted to be with me, and she said yes. Soo, she doesn't want to break up with me, but she's not at the same level? Am I missing something, or is she just not there yet? I know not everyone feels the same at the same moment, but is this a problem, or will she feel these things in time/if at all?
    dniemiera Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2008, 01:49 AM
    Take it slow. Its only been 3 months. Get to know each other better and then if you still feel the same way then let her know if she says she doesn't feel the same but still wants to be with you respect her answer. Give it more time and see if you still feel the same way. Take care and be safe
    butterfly2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Hey you did it better than my boyfriend... he was drunk!! She will come around... give her time.. Love is a hard thing to admit
    nickshehe Posts: 254, Reputation: 47

Apr 2, 2008, 06:22 AM
    I'm probably going to get people disagreeing with me here, but I usually choose where to post because I want to speak from experience..
    You sound kind of young so I'm going to go back and relate here..
    Males should never show how they feel, first.. I've had this conversation with a lot of people, mainly girls as well who have always told me that they would scare whenever a guy told them that he loved them.. (This goes to say that the girl hasn't "committed" in that way yet - so the guy went first).. I fell into the same trap when I felt comfortable in my relationship after 9 months and I showered her with love, it turned her off.. Though before that when I was more laid back and cool with the relationship she was all over me.

Whatever the case, you told her and you can't take it back.. But its no big deal I would just advise against bringing up the topic again.. Don't pressure her into asking her how she feels all the time e.t.c Just let things be and go with the flow.. When she feels ready she will tell you, she doesn't need to hear it from you first.
    tink8321 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2008, 08:00 AM
    The last post isn't true for everyone all women have different views and feel differently.
    3 months is quite soon just give the relationship a bit longer I feel in love with my partner that I have been with for 8 years after a month I just knew it was right but I didn't say straight away as I was scared of scaring them away.
    You will know how she feels by the way she is with you give it a bit longer and bring it up again its really manly to have the man make the first move as its normally the women so it makes it that extra special too. Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 07:59 AM
    So, I've been with my girlfriend for about 3 months now.
    A very young relationship, still getting to know each other.
    "I feel for you more than just caring"... she said that she isn't sure if she is feeling those same feelings for me.
    Understandable, as your still strangers to each other. Your falling a lot faster than she is so slow this train down some.
    Soo, she doesn't want to break up with me, but she's not at the same level?
    Or isn't ready to say yet as your still strangers.
    This a problem, or will she feel these things in time/if at all?
    There is no problem your trying to move her to fast and she has told you quite honestly she isn't that sure where this is headed as you are. Slowdown, relax, drop the who feels what, and enjoy the getting to know each other. Whats the hurry? Slow down, be patient and see how you both feel in 6 months or so. Its way to early for what you want, so regroup, and don't push it.
    workedtoohard Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Apr 3, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Here's advice from a tactical niceguy: Pretend like you never said it. She will wonder why you aren't saying it or pushing the issue, that will spark her interest, and maybe she will end up saying it to you. Its all about returning the balance of power back to your side. Its not like she is going to forget that you said it, so fight the urge to bring it up.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2010, 11:28 AM

You told her your feelings when you were ready, on your time. She's not ready to say the same back yet and it won't mean anything if you feel you had to ask. Make sure you have balance in your life - don't let a girl be your focus. Hang out with your friends, be with your family, take care of school or work, etc.

If she feels the same way, she needs to let you know but she won't if she feels like you're going to immediately shift into overdrive and have all sorts of big expectations if she just lets you know she's feeling something for you.

You can assess where she's at by her actions. Don't ask if she's in love with you but feel free to ask her on a date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I still love my ex-girlfriend... someone help me.. [ 19 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a 15 years old boy.I broke up wit my girlfriend last year end.I still love her!I can't stop thinking of her!I tried hooking up wit few new girls,but,I still miss my ex!! can anyone help me? Thankz

I am still in love with my first girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I broke up to go away to college. Our schools are only an hour and a half away from each other and we had talked about breaking up for school before we got together, but during our 8 month relationship the topic never came up. When school started she told me that I knew all along...

He told me he likes me. But he has a girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

So I have liked this guy who sits beside me in one of my classes for a while. I kept flirting with him and I got along with him well and I started to REALLY like him... but then I found out he has a girlfriend, who goes to another school but she's going to transfer to our school in a month. That...

My girlfriend of 4 years just told me we needed to take a break! [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been going out for 4 years. We have lived together for 2 years and recently bought a house together. Last week she told me we needed to take a break because things have changed in our relatioship. I am confused because she told me she loves me and wants to be with me, but...

Still in love with family friend's relative who never told me he had a girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do. I am miserbly in love with a loser. All I do is think about him. About three years ago I met this guy that was my father's best friend's nephew and there was something about him right away. I am not the kind of person that become attracted to just anyone especially...

View more questions Search