Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foofinatic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2005, 04:55 AM
    I still love my ex girlfriend
    I'm a 14 yr old old guy. I finished with my first love at least 2 months ago. She was incredibly upset. I thought I was fine and have seen other girls since but whenever I didn't have anything distacting me was cronicly depressed. I didn't know y. I am good friends with her now and it has been onli recently that I realised that I moved on so quik that I didn't evn try 2 ge over her. This is why I am so depresed. I love her still just as much. Sumwer still she does 2 but she now is happily with sum1 else. I dno what 2 do anymore. I have tried 2 get over her 2 many times before in the past but I don't want now. I love her. It wasn't 1 of those stupid relationships that kids have I feel lyk I wna be with her 4eva though I know it can neva happen. What can I du?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2005, 01:25 PM
    What were the conditions that led to your breakup? I kind of get the impression, by "reading between the lines", that the depression you're experiencing may be due to some feelings of guilt on your part, not so much because of any feelings you still have for this girl or that she has for you. However, unless you were extremely cruel or abusive to her, which I don't get the impression that you were, then you really have nothing to feel guilty about. Move on with your life and make new friends. Maybe you'll eventually get back together with this girl, maybe not. Either way, don't sweat it. You've got many bigger and better things to pursue. Good luck!
    foofinatic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 11:55 AM
    Thanks you are promably right about most of that. When we broke up I was to pissed off 2 try and talk her out of it because I have alredy done it 2 many times before. Within the month I got with a nice girl hu I thought I liked, I gess I was juts on the rebound. When she dumped me I've only really realised why there is no other girl hu I actually wna c. but she is happy and I don't wna go ruin it. I wna try and move on but I know its not going to be that easy so thanks 4 wishing me luck.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Oct 12, 2005, 10:48 AM
    Move on with your life...
    First of all, don't listen to idiots. 2nd of all, YOU ARE TOO DARN YOUNG TO BE DEPRESSED OVER "LOVE"! Trust me, you have your whole life ahead of you and PLENTY of time to be down with love. I have a teenage daughter and she goes through these up and down swings with "love" too but I just remind her that there is a whole world out there waiting for her to do her thing. Get involved doing things you really like to do (healthy things!)and if you really want to feel good about yourself then I highly recommend you go and volunteer your time somewhere. Maybe at a senior citizens home. They would love it if you went in and read to someone who's vision is so poor they can't do it for themselves anymore. Helping feed the homeless at a shelter, tutoring disabled children or volunteering at the church can make you feel so awesome about yourself and at the same time help some very needy people. Get into reading big time! It will increase your vocabulary and help you ace school so that you can one day go to Harvard or Yale, become a big shot doctor and your ex-girlfriend will be eating her heart out that she let you slip out of her hands. You will find the right girl, your ex may be nice, but she's already moved on which tells you she's not it. Time is precious, don't waste it by looking in the rearview mirror cause it's really hard to go forward that way. Use your noodles.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Oct 12, 2005, 11:09 PM
    Dude, you are 14 man. Don't worry. I know when I was 14 and broke up with my EX I thought the world was ending, but the thing is, you are 14 and had a girl to go out with, a lot of my friends didn't have a girlfriend until they could drive! LOL! I know the 1st love is a really great time, but you haven't seen what love really is unless you have been with someone for a while. I mean, love for me is finding out so much about someone and still liking them! A lot of times you think you are "in love" and then you see how people really are. How long were you with her? I was with a girl for 2 years and after we broke up I was with another girl like a month later. I thought I loved her, but I quickly realized I didn't. 14 is a great age brother, live it up. If you really like this girl, just let her know, but if things don't work out don't worry, there are plenty of other girls in HS.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2005, 05:54 AM
    Move on
    Hi,
    You must consider that I am 63 yrs old, happily married for 28 yrs, and have a grandson, in order to determine if this is an answer you might want to try.
    Been there... done that!
    At 14 yrs old, you have your whole life ahead of you, and will make mistakes, over and over. The best you can hope for, is to not make the same mistakes 2 or 3 times!
    It's a mistake for you to try staying with this girl, or getting her back.
    Meet new people, and you will find someone that you "love" just as much.
    I do apologize for the "newbie", Ghost of something, for the comment about "we don't care". Don't take that as coming from the rest of us. This particular ID should not even be on this site, and I have sent an email to this person. Those who aren't serious about helping others usually aren't around that long!
    You can look at the category of an ID, such as "newbie", "senior expert", etc, to see who has been here for awhile.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    christymoro Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2005, 09:28 AM
    Not to sound too brash and bold but your 14 it's the start of some serious fun for you go out and get with as many girls as you can till your about 18-20 because that's when a lot of people start realising if you are "in love" or not enjoy yourself that wee girl will always be there if it is love between you!
    cutie08 Posts: 121, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2005, 02:03 PM
    Stay friends with her and then when she and the other gy break up then ask her what she would think if you two dated again and see what she says about it and if she says she's thought of it ask her out again she will probably want to go back out with sometime down the road to so just go for it
    sk8r2376 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 11:37 PM
    I have the same problem
    My girlfriend broke up with me like 2 years ago. I am still attracted to her mentally and physically. I really want to go out with her but she won't say yes:(. We are still friends, but I want more than that. I want and actual relationship. Could anyone give me any advice. Thank you
    sallytheshortie Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2005, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momincali
    2nd of all, YOU ARE TOO DARN YOUNG TO BE DEPRESSED OVER "LOVE"!
    I agree with most of your post, and I understand that that wasn't meant to sound patronising, but if you had said that to me, I would have almost certainly taken that the wrong way.
    In regards to the original post, you should try not to let it worry you. People will come in and out of your life all the time, so just remember the good times you've had with them and don't concentrate on the bad things and"what if's." If you spend too much time thinking about the past, you don't think about what's going on right now, and that's really all you ever have; the present. Hope that helps and good luck!
    Tony2005 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2005, 01:10 AM
    If you really want to waste your time and miss out on those precious opportunities to explore your capacity to enjoy, then think about your ex-girlfriend.
    Come on buddy, chill out and enjoy your present moments with your friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I still love my ex-girlfriend... someone help me.. [ 19 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a 15 years old boy.I broke up wit my girlfriend last year end.I still love her!I can't stop thinking of her!I tried hooking up wit few new girls,but,I still miss my ex!! can anyone help me? Thankz

My old girlfriend... [ 21 Answers ]

Okay so this girl liked me 4 about a year and I had 2 turn her down so many times but when I finally asked her out and liked her back she dumped me after a few weeks I think maybe a month now I think the reason she doesn't like me is cause she likes the fact that I like her and if she did decide...

Ex Girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 16 , and I reside in Delaware, two years ago, I met this girl , when we first met, we didn't really talk, then we became real good friends, and eventually sparked a relationship and it lasted a good 9 months. We was real young and I remember she wanted us to get married and I grew...

My girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know how to make my girlfreind deel special we are both 14 and I need help please I really love her

My girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My girlfriend is a cutter She did in the past, then stopped, then after meeting a friend of hers Who still does she started again. Now I will admit that when I found out I did flip out a bit and I probably shouldn't of but now she won't talk to me, and I have been trying my best to help her...

View more questions Search