Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady firefly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Am I my best friends rebound love
    I've been best friends with a guy for about 3 years now. He and I have always been there for each other and have been like brother and sister to each other. Anytime I've had a problem with a boyfriend he has always been there to give advice or to just listen to me. He was married, but he and his wife had been separated for about 4 years. About a year and a half ago he started dating a really wonderful woman. They fell in love with each other which made me so happy because she was so good to him and gave him the love that I always felt that he deserved. They had so much in common and were a perfect fit for each other. Last fall he started feeling guilty that maybe he had not tried to work enough on his marriage. He has a young son with his wife and felt that he needed to do right by trying to keep his family together. It hurt him so much to do so, but he broke things off with his girlfriend even though he still loved her so much. Things ended up not working out in his marriage and his wife filed divorce papers in Jan. as recently as April he told me that he still loved the girl that he had broken things off with and missed her. His first divorce hearing was at the end of April at which time he moved out of the home that he and his wife had shared (they were separated, but still lived in the same house sleeping in separate rooms.) in mid May he and I started seeing each other in a new "light" and started dating each other. He told me that he no longer had any feelings for his ex-girlfriend and that he is now in love with me. This caused a lot of pain to his ex-girl because she had still been very much in love with him. I guess what I want to know is, do he and I even have a chance in a relationship or am I pretty much just a rebound for him. Up until a month ago he and I had never even considered the possibility of a relationship together.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 4, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Hello.

Friends make the best relationships BUT you need to give him some time between relationships. If he cares for you he will understand. If you jump into the relationship and it doesn't work you will loose him for ever.

Good Luck
    Dennis777

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in love with my friends ex! [ 12 Answers ]

OK somebody out there please help me! I am pretty sure I am in love with my friends ex boyfriend! I have loved him since the first day I saw him. I was upset to see however my friend chiara was picked and I don't even think he thought of me in that way yet. But anyway she was the new girl in school...

I love her but she wants to be just friends [ 3 Answers ]

Hay, I'm a 19yr old virgin and I'm in love with one of my best friends. Last year I was introduced this girl and fell head-over heels in love, we started to hang-out a lot and she lives only two minutes walk away so we see each other all the time, two months ago I told her how I feel and she said...

Rebound or lost love? [ 3 Answers ]

I dated this girl for 4 years, basically lived together for most of them at college, fell in love, and wanted to take it to the next step. We rarely had any problems or difficulty communicating. Distance got in the way when we were trying to figure out jobs and grad school because she lived about...

Old Friends, New Love [ 2 Answers ]

I knew this guy forever ago, at one point we were best friends. We would have liked to date but there was a 4 year difference in our ages (15 and19). At that time 4 years made a big difference and there was no way that my parents would have ever gone for that. Now 12 years later it's no big deal....

View more questions Search