Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toby22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 08:00 PM
    How do I get visitation for my son
    How do I get visitation rights to my son who is 2 and a half years old. Dna was taken when child was 4 months old. Proves I am the father. Child was born in vegas. Mother moved to las angelas then GA now in Georgia. Im not on birth cirtificate I live in New York don't have money for attorney. She's treatening to move again with child. I have dna would like to do some things through the mail where do I start?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Hello toby:

You need to go to court. I'm not sure in which state but I'd guess the state that she in now. A lawyer would make it a LOT easier, but you might be able to do it yourself. But, probably not given that you're dealing with an out of state issue.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Well I am not sure if a 2 year old DNA test is still usable in court, but you have to file in court for visitaiton rights, should have been done 2 years ago.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 01:51 PM
    DNA doesn't change in 2 years when it comes to paternity testing. You must file a petition in the state she lives in. It is not going to be easy doing this long distance either and possibly she's just going to up and move again. Do you pay this woman any child support also. You didn't state. This could help your situation in that you would know her whereabouts. If you don't pay anything and she hasn't asked for any money for his support, then you just might be banging your head against a brick wall in this case. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 02:30 PM
    The issue of the DNA each court will have a list of approved testing labs that have to be used, also whlie it does not change, if this test was not done for court, the procedure to have this produced in court may not have been done.
    yvonne1978 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
    You are a brave and respectful individual and father. There is a thing called legal aid in your state where they can help you get legal pappers and documents to take her to court to fight for your legal rights,now as for the paternity as long as you show proof of such document it is stated to not expire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get visitation. [ 4 Answers ]

Can you please help me. Here is a quick background. I met a girl and had a relationship with her for over a year. I found out later that she was actually married and her husband was in Afganistan. Needless to say we broke up but had a baby before we did. She told me 1 1/2 years later he was mine...

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

I was divorced in 2001 an my ex wife got sole custody, an visitaion was limited to stay in the state of CT, I live In Philadelphia an my kids would like to come visit but she won't allow them they are older now an I would love to have them over to visit with me in my home.. they are 16,14,12.. can...

Say No To Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

How old does a child in Massachusetts have to be to decide he or she does not want to visit a parent who has joint legal visitation?

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

I have full custody of my 10 month old son. His father has visitation every other weekend and takes my son to his home. He has told me that he lives alone, but I have come to find out that he moved in w/his new girlfriend. I have no problem w/who he lives in, but he refuses to introduce me to...

Visitation [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend (not married) have a three year old son and we went to court in June 2005 and he was granted every other weekend visitation. From July 2005 to September 2005 he did only 4 visitations out of 21 visitation if he would have continued intil April 2006 and I am taking him back...

View more questions Search