Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sleepinbeauty Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2008, 12:49 AM
    I'm 17 and. Unhappy
    I'm 17 years old and I'm single. I want a boyfriend. Someone to share feelings with all of them.. mentally physically and emotionally. I once had a person like this but that was then.. I want someone new.. I feel so lonely.. the kind that makes you want to shribble up in a corner and die. I'm tried of being alone.. how can I feel better?? What if there isn't someone out there for me.. could I be alone forever?
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Sep 20, 2008, 05:48 AM

You won't be alone FOREVER, you're just 17 and forever is eternity.

I understand what you're talking about. My daughter says the same thing about really wanting a boyfriend.

I think that waiting for a guy is unhealthy for your happiness and state of mind. I will say the same to you as I do my own daughter...

Be PROACTIVE... put yourself "out there". Be as social as you can. Try and participate in fun activities where the boys are.

Make sure you have a life though even if there are no boys in the mix. It's important to create a person that you can learn to live with and like... I mean, if you don't have anything going on how can you be attracting? (Honestly, if you can't muster up the desire to be interesting just for yourself, then do it for the reason I just mentioned... ).

Guys are attracted to interesting girls... not only just the hotties.

What's interesting about you?

That's what you need to work on... and the boys will come.. you'll see..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 07:37 AM

Over the next years most likely boyfiends will come and go.

What is really important first is to learn to be happy with who you are, able to be yourself. You can never really be happy with someone else till you know yourself and learn to be happy with who you are without someone else first

Sep 20, 2008, 09:39 AM

As I stated before, you need to figure out what you are interested in to make you better rounded and more of an interesting person, especially for YOU to be able to relate to. I hope you understand what I mean...
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Sep 20, 2008, 11:04 AM
    I think you should be a more self confident, and be more independent. (I know, much easier said than done)

The reason I am recommending this is because when you do get a boyfriend, you could latch on to him, and be "clingy." You would think he is the best guy ever because he took you out of your funk, when really he could just be some guy. The mentality you have, that you NEED someone to feel happy and wanted could be dangerous, and could cloud your judgement of many guys.

I don't know how to give advice on how to gain self confidence, but you could talk to counsellors or even friends.

And keep in mind your 17, you have a whole life ahead of you...

As for getting another, think of guys that have been good to you. Be social, as the others explained, and show interest in some guys.

Sep 22, 2008, 12:48 PM

Your right.. ill work on it keep u posted. Your really right.. its true
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 24, 2008, 01:02 AM

Guys around your age just want one thing and that is sex. I learned after attending an all guys military high school.

I am not even joking.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Sep 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hjpan View Post
    Guys around your age just want one thing and that is sex. I learned after attending an all guys military high school.

I am not even joking.
    I am 16 and sex isn't the ONLY thing I want.
    I definitely agree that most guys do want just that... The "Players"
    Of course I want it, but it doesn't completely dictate my life.

And guys in an ALL GUYS military school would be different. I know a private school near my place in Toronto that has the horniest guys I know... They are an all guys school, and only really see girls on weekends and a few holidays, when they can leave campus. They don't even see girls often, so when they do, they just go crazy.

I think a typical teenage guy has more goals to get laid,
    but I definately see your point.

I would say a good 95% of guys who date are looking ONLY for sex. Pick them carefully. :)
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Sep 24, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsg View Post
    I am 16 and sex isn't the ONLY thing I want.
    I definatly agree that most guys do want just that... The "Players"
    Of course I want it, but it doesn't completely dictate my life.

And guys in an ALL GUYS military school would be different. I know a private school near my place in Toronto that has the horniest guys I know... They are an all guys school, and only really see girls on weekends and a few holidays, when they can leave campus. They don't even see girls often, so when they do, they just go crazy.

I think a typical teenage guy has more goals to get laid,
    but I definately see your point.

I would say a good 95% of guys who date are looking ONLY for sex. Pick them carefully. :)
    This also includes college guys D:

Sad but true.

Nov 2, 2008, 08:20 PM

this sucks =[. I'm tired of immature guys.
    Myhearthasgone Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 08:20 AM

Even I am tired of immature guys.
    Today they say they love you (just to have sex with you) and then the next morning they don't even talk to you because you say no... then you find they have another girl to goal on for sex.

Nov 4, 2008, 04:52 AM

Just for you to know that there ARE some guys that want gf's. My daughter is 16 and she says that there are boys that do wants this.

Now, don't get upset, but these boys that she's speaking of are usually not the "hotties".

Her bffl has an easy time snagging the boys that are pretty "popular". These boys may not be the MOST POPULAR boys in the school (cuz those ones are players.. ), but they roll w/ them and are not nerdy or weirdos at all. It's very possible to have a boyfriend...

The problem w/ a boyfriend is that things usually get physical pretty soon. With boys it's like a game of domino's... once they've made a move they want to make as many as possible to see how far in the game they can get. It's never due to the love in their hearts, like it is for girls.

Girls seem to "let" the boys make all these moves because they think it will make the boy love them. They do it to please the boyfriend. To keep the boyfriend.

Love is what girls seek... Sex is what boys seek. Let's just remember that boys become MEN at some point. Some men are AMAZING bf's... and later amazing husbands. This is possible to be involved w/ an amazing man. I have one for over a decade, I should know...

You can have a boyfriend... it's not that hard. Just get tight first so you have a friendship. Let the friendship move into a relationship... maybe it will work better for you that way..

Most of all keep yourself surrounded by your girls... they are the foundation of your high school experience. They will carry through the tough times and when they don't... if you keep yourself busy and involved either in sports or something other that keeps your interest... you will always have YOURSELF to fall back on. You'll be able to handle anything in life if you focus on building yourself up, both in a "lifestyle" and in self esteem. They go hand in hand...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So unhappy lately.this man is so confusing and why he doesn't want me. What to do? [ 9 Answers ]

:( So this is very complicated... But I'm GUARENTEEED YOU'LL LOVE IT So read carefully before you answer! In the summer of 2007 me and this boy had a thing and we were so happy and we couldn't get enough of each other, but then when school started back up things got kind of rocky and we...

Unhappy [ 4 Answers ]

I am new to this site and I am just searching for words to help me feel better in my marriage of thirty years to my childhood sweetheart... I love my husband but I am no longer in love with him... he has always been a good provider a good friend a good father but never a good lover, no tenderness,...

AM I unhappy? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I want to know if I soun un-happy, because I truly don't know what the problem is or what to do. My boyfriend is a good guy he's screwed up before and cheated, but that's the past right? He works he doesn't beat me he lets me see my friends and all that ETC.. etc... But he ignores me, seems...

Unhappy mom [ 7 Answers ]

Could use some advice. Been married for 12 years happy at first, unhappy about the last 5 years. We have 3 children 13, 11 and 9. I don't want to upset my children but My husband is selfish and very lazy. We were raised totally different. He works night I work days. He doesn't care about getting...

Alone and unhappy. [ 1 Answers ]

I am heartbroken. I am currently experiencing my second miscarriage this year. My first was in April at 5 weeks and this was at 6.5 weeks. I don't understand. The docs say that it is still probably due to chance but there must be something wrong as I had a baby 18 months ago and I conceived her...

View more questions Search