Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AVNIP74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Information on How Assumed mortgages work
    I currently have a house for sale that has a 1st mortgage of about 260,000 and a Equilty LOC of 170,000. The home was appraised at 599,000. I have been trying to sell it for approx 18 months. I also own another home and it is crucial that I sell this one quickly. I have an interest rate of 4.84% on the 260,000 for 15 yrs.. Which is a great deal by today's market, and my LOC is at 6.83 for the 170,000. My interest rate is a great selling point if someone like to assume the mortgage to benefit from the low interest rate. How would this scenario work if I find an interested buyer?? How does a person go about assuming this great mortgage rate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Most of today's loans are not able to be assumed, so you will need to check with the lender and see if your loans can be assumed. Most loans today have a clause that when sold the loan is payable in full.
    So if you find out it is assumable, if it is, the new buyer will have to meet their credit standards and apply to them to assume the loan.

If you find it is, work with your broker and they will use this as a advertising plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work in NY & Live in NJ, W2 information [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I work in New York and live in NJ for entire year. On my w2 my employer has listed income in both states on line 15 and 17. Where as I didn't work in NJ and I have no income in state of New Jersey. Is this normal? 15. State--------EID----------------16. State wages, tips, etc....

Second mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and son-in-law owe us money (about 8 grand in all) and are not good at paying it back. I do not want to do a lien on their house, I would like to keep the courts out of this. Can I do a second mortgage with me holding it, that way we will get our money someday and I don't have to keep...

Mortgages [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a home in June and since moving I have lost my job, is there any help out there to help me with my mortgage payments?

Reverse Mortgages [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking into reverse mortgages and think I understand it very well, but I would like to hear from anyone who has had an experience with them either good or bad. Thank you.

Pay-right mortgages? [ 3 Answers ]

HSBC and now another mtg lender have excitingly described this type of loan which allows a person to get deducted interest rates over periods during which the mtg loan is paid as promised. Is this a bait and switch tactic? I have a 720 FICO but am two years out of CH13 (discharged 2004,...

View more questions Search