Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jbert Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 09:11 PM
    1099R Distribution codes
    I wanted to post this so if anyone else comes across it, they will not have to live the misery I did for days. If you have 1099r's be sure to list the distribution code in BOX 7. I missed that on one 1099R and had I not consulted a Tax adviser it might have cost me $1532.00 in taxes.
    Cost me a few bucks to find out but I am much happier.

Hopes this helps all that read this.:)

Check out some similar questions!

1099R on divorce settlement [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine received half of her husband's 401k in a lump sum divorce settlement. I know this is not supposed to be included in gross income and shouldn't be taxed. SHe received a 1099R with gross amount and taxable amunt the same and federal taxes withheld. She is panicing about how to...

Distribution on histogram [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about distribution on histogram. Let's just say me and my friends emptied our pockets of coins and recorded the year marked on each coin. And the distribution of dates would be skewed to the left. WHy is that? I thought that the coins were made roughly around same time therefore...

Inheritance distribution? [ 3 Answers ]

I really was not sure where this really went, so I figured I'd ask here. In the past year my Grandmother passed away and since my father was already deceased, I was entitled to 1/4 of her estate. The papers have been drawn up and signed and I've been notified of the amount of money all the...

LLC distribution [ 0 Answers ]

There is a Limited Liability Company in which its partners receive a monthly salary if the funds are available. If the company received a large sum of money and the partners decided to take a distribution from the company according to their ownership percentage, what account should be debited? ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.