Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AdclareRN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Salaried vs Hourly
    I am an administrative RN (ie Monday/Friday, 40 hours a week), however I am often asked to work extra shifts when the staff is short. I am currently an hourly employee so I am compensated for the extra time. My Administrator is making all admin nurses salaried. Shouldn't we expect a substantial pay increase if he expects us to continue to work the extra shifts?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Hello A:

Uhhhh, yeah!

excon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 09:13 AM
    You can expect all you want but most hospital administrators make these changes to save money. If there are several of you being affected you could collectively discuss this with the administrator and try to come up with a win-win situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between salaried and hourly wage status [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between salaried and hourly wage status?

Labor Law in New Hampshire, Salaried vs Hourly [ 3 Answers ]

My question is: If an employer put someone on salary,(supervisor/manager), can that position be taken away from him/her for no reason given? Can a salaried person have his salaried position taken away and put on hourly wages if he/she has had that salaried position for more than 2 years?

Investment for Salaried Peoples [ 1 Answers ]

What are the best investment methods/plans for a salaried person?

Salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

I accepted a salaried position with a six day work week. Although I am employed by the same owner as other managers, I am the only Manager working at a retail store. The other Managers work in the Corporate Office, unrelated to my position. All Managers are required to work 6 days but...

I am salaried [ 2 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee, which has worked for a compamy for 6 months. I work 45 hours a week and I do not get overtime or holiday pay. Is that legal?

View more questions Search