Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qwokka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Salaried or not
    Recently all employees had a small pay rise and was back dated to April 2007,I have got the pay rise but not the back pay,they say the reason for this is because I am salaried,but I do do overtime and get paid normal and time and a half when ever it fits,should I be getting back pay:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2008, 02:33 PM
    You need to clear up with your employer just what your true status is. You said all employees (are those salaried or hourly) got the pay raise and got back pay. If you say you were salary then why do you get paid overtime pay? Anytime I was salary I got just that - salary regardless of how many hours I worked a week. You might have one of those employers who pay overtime to a salary employee though. I've seen it happen in some circumstances as they are being nice when they don't have to be and paying the overtime. If you don't punch a time clock, then you are not hourly.

If you are talking about a lot of back pay, then by all means, speak up. If you are not, then keep to yourself as nowadays companies are using any and all excuses to get rid of employees and you could just get yourself bounced to the curb for your curiosity.
    drannamac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
    What is the difference between a salary and hourly employee? What are the pros and cons?
    qwokka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I do not honestly know the answer to this,i have spoken to my line manager today and she says she cannot understand this either, who can help in this situation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried Manager using time clock [ 4 Answers ]

I am being told that it is California state law for a salaried manager to clock in and out from work. My previous employer did not make me do this and it was at a much larger corporation. Now this smaller one that I work for, says that it is the law. I don't believe it is. Do I have to clock in...

Salaried vs Hourly [ 2 Answers ]

I am an administrative RN (ie Monday/Friday, 40 hours a week), however I am often asked to work extra shifts when the staff is short. I am currently an hourly employee so I am compensated for the extra time. My Administrator is making all admin nurses salaried. Shouldn't we expect a substantial...

Investment for Salaried Peoples [ 1 Answers ]

What are the best investment methods/plans for a salaried person?

Salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

I accepted a salaried position with a six day work week. Although I am employed by the same owner as other managers, I am the only Manager working at a retail store. The other Managers work in the Corporate Office, unrelated to my position. All Managers are required to work 6 days but...

I am salaried [ 2 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee, which has worked for a compamy for 6 months. I work 45 hours a week and I do not get overtime or holiday pay. Is that legal?

View more questions Search