Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JReeves41989 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 01:24 PM
    Abandonment
    My father is married to his second wife and he doesn't want to lose the things that he has worked hard for. His wife leaves for days at a time and the last time was for 3 weeks. He doesn't know what to do. He isn't sure if it is illegal to change the locks, pack her stuff and put it in his garage or anything at all. When she ishome she comes in in the middle if the night and is gone in the morning. What can he do? Please help
    Jessica R.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JReeves41989 View Post
    My father is married to his second wife and he doesnt want to lose the things that he has worked hard for. His wife leaves for days at a time and the last time was for 3 weeks. he doesnt know what to do. he isnt sure if it is illegal to change the locks, pack her stuff and put it in his garage or anything at all. When she ishome she comes in in the middle if the night and is gone in the morning. what can he do? please help
    Jessica R.

No, he can't use "self help" and throw her out. He needs to file for divorce.

Why would he lose "things he has worked hard for"? In general the longer the marriage, the more he has to "lose." Easier to walk out with assets after two years than twenty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandonment? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NY. My children's father hasn't seen our daughter (who is almost 2) since June, and hasn't seen our son(who is almost 3 months) at all since he was born January 2nd. He doesn't try to get a hold of me to see them, ask how they are doing, ask if they need anything, or offer any help. He...

Abandonment in NC [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to file for abandonment in NC. Also I have filed for child support because he has not helped or been there in almost 2 years and my daughter is 3 but he keeps getting it put off over and over again so please if someone knows how to file for abandonment in North Carolina please...

Abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

And when you say very few states use child abandoment as the charge.. is KY one, do you know offhand?

Is this abandonment? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married in 1996 and I haven't seen my wife right after that (1996 or 1997). So can I file for abandonment... because I can't find her... and if so HOW? Or should I just file for a no- fault? Please Help I'm ready to get this over with. Thanks.

Abandonment in TX [ 4 Answers ]

What amount of time is abandonment in tx?

View more questions Search