chewy2965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Step son
    How do I deal with a step son who hates me
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2011, 08:27 AM
    Can you say what age he is?

How long you have been in his life, does his mother see him, does he live with you, an example of how he 'hates ' you.

You don't have to give any information your uncomforable with just a little more to get an more comprehensive answer.
    chewy2965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2011, 05:15 AM
    My step son is now 15 years old. He was 10 when his mother and I got together.We only dated for a short time before we moved in together in my home.His mother and I dated 20 years ago and when we meet again it was like it was meant to be.Tyler (the stepson) lost his father 2 years before that when he was 8.There is a Step daughter (Jessie) as well. These two kids hold a torch for there father like he was some kind of saint.Thats all fine and well with me but I know the truth.Their father beat their mom and broke her arm at one point. Their father was a farmer,not a very successful farmer but nun the less a farmer.I am a mechanic. These kids think that a farmer is the only respectable occupation a man can have and Tyler thinks he wants to be a farmer when he grows up. About a year and ahalf after they moved in ,I came into the house to find Tyler holding his sister down and punching her in the leg above the knee repeatedly while Jessie cried and begged him to stop. By the time I stopped him Jessie's leg was beat red and after a day or two was a huge bruise. As I pulled him off her I slapped him upside his head and told him to sit down. He ran straight to his bed room and called his mom who came right home from work,packed their stuff and moved out. It is now 3 years later... My wife told me that she wanted to get them some counsuling so we could put our lifes back together.After about 6 or 8 months of counsuling it just stopped and there was no talk of moving back in.I have tried everything I know to build a relationship with these kids and Jessie and I love each other and hang out together on weekends but, Tyler won't. He will use me to make himself look good in front of his friends with our toys Quads,mud truck,boat etc. but won't have anything to do with me other than that. About a month ago the older step sister (dani) who does not live with us,got in to a disagreement with me and Tyler, thinking that he was protecting his Half sister told me to "shut my cock sucker". His mother does not think he owes me an apology... I just can't take anymore of this. My wife thinks that Tyler can do no wrong... Hes her little "TEE-WEE" Now we are getting devorced. I love my wife dearly and it breaks my heart bad that I can't have her but, I don't know what to do. There is nothing I can do to get my wife to disipline this child. Last year he shot a 12 point buck out of season with a high powered deer rifle. At 14 I did not think this was OK but,his mother let him keep it and he received no disipline. I just don't know what to do anymore,I can't stand this child anymore due to all of the disrespect he has toward me and he disrespects his mother as well but she will do nothing. My wife does not want to devorce me,she says she loves my with all her heart. Am I supposed to just wait and live alone until he graduates? Is this going to make things better? What kind of life will we have on hollidays after he leaves home,If he ever leaves home. The only occupational experience he has is picking rocks out of a field... I have raised two daughters of my own that are very respectable,Polite, and hard workers. I have been complamented several times on the job I did with these girls as a single father.I just don't know how to get my wife to wake up and smell the coffee...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step son treating step mom disrespectfully [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 13 year old step son. I have been with his dad for six years, and we have been married for three years. I have been through a lot with the boy and his mom since day one. He lived with us for about nine months, but just recently his mom moved about four hours away and he made the...

Step dad moves out because of gay step son. [ 9 Answers ]

I am wondering if consuling really help? I have been married for 3 years and everything was great until about 8 months ago it came out that my 13 year old son may be gay. His step dad always yelling at him and it got to the point step dad almost hit him so he moved out so nothing like that would...

Step-dad has been supporting step son after mom moved out and now want custody [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my step-son since he was 2 bio dad has only seen him a total of 48 hrs in 4 years, bio mom left step son with me and I have supported him by myself with out her for past year. I had to do paperwork so that he could go to school, provided medical and babysitting for him, now bio parents...

How can adopt my wife's son (my step son) [ 3 Answers ]

My wife's ex husband doesn't really take care of his son. He doesn't call or anything. The only thing that we get is approximately $45 every 2-3 weeks but that amount varies. I on the other hand have been providing everything for my wife's son even before we got married since her son was about 3...

What to do with a step-son [ 6 Answers ]

I need advice about a 8 year old step-on that is a lot smarter than his mom thinks he is. I am a GOD fearing man that lives by standards and respect for others, so how can I get my point across to my step-son to be respectful without my wife giving me a soar eye for being hard on him (not yelling...

View more questions Search