Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blulove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2010, 08:27 PM
    I'm being deported and I want my daughter to stay with her godmother
    I am being deported back to mexico and I wish to leave my daughter who is american here in VA with her godmother so she can get a better education, what will I need to do to give up parental rights before I leave?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2010, 08:53 PM

Not sure you have to give up any rights, merely give her power of attorney to act on your behalf should be enough.

Or give her temp guardianship ( you and father will have to do that)
    blulove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2010, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    not sure you have to give up any rights, merely give her power of attorney to act on your behalf should be enough.

or give her temp guardianship ( you and father will have to do that)
    How do I go about giving her temp guardianship or POA? What's the difference between the two?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much tax will I have to pay in Arizona from $20 k inherited from my Godmother [ 2 Answers ]

How much tax will I pay in Arizona from a $25K inheritance from my Godmother in South Dakota?

What is the best way to get someone deported [ 7 Answers ]

I need to know the fastest and most effective way to have an illegal immigrant deported.My wife's ex-husband has threatened her, abused her and is trying to cause problems in our marriage. He feels that he is untouchable and is constantly trying to get me assault him so he can use this against me.I...

Was he deported? [ 3 Answers ]

I am married to a man of Egyptian decent who basically swindled me to get his citizenship. Before we could get to the interview things went really sour. He left me and moved back to his apt with his friends. Years later I find that he has destroyed my credit and I am now in serious debt. I...

A 13 yr old godmother? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello! My aunt asked my mom to be the godmother of her 1 yr old son. My mom was delighted but then my mom and my aunt had noticed that I had treated her son as my brother I feed him, play with him, change his diapers, take him baths and so on... My mom and my aunt had been discussing about me...

View more questions Search