Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nieceybme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Can fiancé kick me and my daughter out of his house
    My finance had me and my daughter served a paper stating that we had 15 days to get out. What are my rights. We live in Pa. My daughter is a senior in high school. We had a verbal agreement that I would pay cable and electric and he would take care of the rest. What are our rights. Will we be kicked out on to the street in 15 days?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 03:32 PM

He will have to formally file for an eviction to legally evict you. The 15 day notice is the first part of an eviction proceeding. You need to inform him that he will have to file a formal eviction as his 15 day notice is not legal and you cannot be evicted just on that note.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 22, 2009, 05:15 PM

PA loan requires a 30 day notice. Your fiancess may be confusing a part of PA law that allows for a 15 day notice if there is an oral agreement AND you are behind in rent. Since there was no agreement to pay rent, then the 15 day notice doesn't apply.

However, since its his house, he can evict you as long as he goes about it legally.

I would stay and let him file for an eviction order in court, then ask the judge to dismiss the case because he gave insufficient notice.

Meanwhile I'd be looking for a new place to live.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Scott, the way I read the law the 15 day notice applies to this case. Which site are you using? I'm using Section 250.501 at http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...tenant_act.pdf
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 06:58 PM

Does the "paper they were served" list the reason, non payment, or some other reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my daughter to my fianc? [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a divorce granted to me we have one child together and he pretty much left her high and dry ran off to another state well my fiancé wants to adopt her what steps do I need to take to make that happen he is wonderful to her and she calls him daddy she doesn't know any better yet....

Cheating fianc? You'll get a kick out of this one [ 6 Answers ]

:mad: So here's the scinario. My Fiancé for 1 year (Been Together for 5) was ratted on. She started talking to this other man and basically spilled her guts to him and started having feelings for him. This guy actually know me. So what happened was he didn't say anything because they did not...

How do I go about my fianc? Adopting my daughter [ 7 Answers ]

Hello there I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on how my fiancé can adopt my daughter

Can my fianc? Adopt my daughter? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's is 4 1/2 yrs old and her father has not had any contact with her in 3 yrs. He has been in and out of jail his whole life and was recently just released from prison and is now a registered sex offender. My fiancé has took complete responsibility of my daughter and does everything for...

Daughter is miserable with her fianc? [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter has been dating this young man for three years and has been engaged for one year with a June 2008 wedding date. Although they have always bickered with each other they seemed to have a decent relationship (although everyone in our family has had isues with the young man and them as a...

View more questions Search