Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vinlay Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Is it against the law to be a 16 year old, pregnant to a 19 year old?
    I am 16 in September and I am feeling this big urge to have a baby. Is this a bad idea? I feel I can handle everything but I am just scared as my boyfiend is 19, is that against the law? :confused: :confused:

Jan 11, 2009, 02:20 PM

I am 16 in September and I am feeling this big urge to have a baby. Is this a bad idea? I feel I can handle everything but I am just scared as my boyfiend is 19, is that against the law?
    Eelarch Posts: 116, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2009, 02:23 PM

It depends where you live because different places have different laws on parenthood
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 11, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Perfectly legal once you are 16 in Northern Ireland although incredibly ill-advised.

Sex under 16 is Statutory Rape and your boyfriend could get into SERIOUS trouble as well as being documented as a Sex Offender for the rest of his life!

Jan 11, 2009, 02:26 PM

I am from Northern Ireland. Is it Ok that he is 19.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 03:16 PM

Is it legal, it appears so, is it OK, no, since while you "beleive" you are ready at 16 you are far from ready. You need to get out of school, and let boyfriend get a better educationor a better job. Then you get married and have a home to bring a baby into
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Jan 11, 2009, 08:16 PM

How much money do the two of you make annually (combined)? And do you have a home together? Are you still in school? What are your career goals, if any, and what are his? How close are each of you to achieving those goals?
    IamHidden Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2009, 08:26 PM

Im pretty sure, your boyfriend could get in huge trouble your 16 he's 19 he could go to court and jail if someone finds out he might get caught as a sex offender and it could be rape! But you never no...
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 05:44 AM

Legallity aside, you are not ready. No first time parent is, even if they think they are. At 16 it just gets monumentally more difficult.

You may think you are ready but to the people supporting YOU think THEY are?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by IamHidden View Post
    Im pretty sure, your boyfriend could get in huge trouble your 16 hes 19 he could go to court and jail if someone finds out he might get caught as a sex offender and it could be rape! but you never no....

You are incorrect. It is not illegal where the OP lives. Ill advised, perhaps, but not illegal.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 12, 2009, 08:52 AM
    In the UK this would be legal ONCE YOU ARE OVER 16.
    As you are currently 15 this is ILLEGAL..

Either way it seems like an incredibly selfish thing to do especially as you aren't getting on to well.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ms-302177.html
    MelissaOx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 05:59 AM
    Northern Ireland's age of consent is 17 so sex at 16 with a 19 year old is still seen as illegal, I'm from Northern Ireland, I'm 16 and pregnant to a 17 year old which is still classed as illegal.. this means he could be charged with rape :/
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2011, 06:22 AM

This question is over 2 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 year relationship, 2 year marriage. And now he questions what true love is [ 2 Answers ]

Background (it's a long one, too): We are in our mid 20's and have known each other for 10 years. We dated exclusively through high school but without any commitment to marriage. That "in love" blissful feeling lasted for quite some time, well into our college years. He has always been a...

Full year resident alien part year treaty [ 1 Answers ]

My country has a tax treaty with US. I came on J1 visa in September 2005 and got the benefit of the tax treaty till August 2007. And since September 2007 my taxes are being with held. I am considered as full year resident alien since Januarary 2007. Which tax form I need to fill up and where to...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

Pregnant 16 year old, by 14 year old [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone knows the rape laws in Ohio. There is a situation that I need to find out. I know a 16 year old girl pregnant by a 14 year old boy. Is their a rape law that would apply. Can the 14 year old boys parents go after the 16 year old girl or can the girls parents go...

View more questions Search