Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gratefultoyou Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Fleeing parole
    If a flee a 3 year parole and leave the USA to another country, is the probation going to ask for my extradition? I served enough time and I have no future in this country. My life is made a hell and I want a way out.
    Thanks
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 08:17 PM

Sure they can extradite you. You may think you served enough time but the law is what counts. Also I am not sure just any country will allow you in and it may be hard to get a passport being on parole. I don't know how it all works but I doubt it is as simple as up and leaving and hoping they don't come for you.

Jan 4, 2009, 01:37 AM
    I hope you know what you're talking nohope4u
    I took your note but your nickname sounds untrusty... lol
    compsavvyimnot Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Jan 4, 2009, 02:26 AM
    You say youv'e done enough time... will you not think about stickig it out for another 3 years? You're out, right? Is it too hard to get by trying to live a legal life? It's only 3 more years. The consenqence is to run for the rest of your life. 3 more years and your free. Will you risk your freedom? Do you understand what life will be like? Looking over your shoulders all the time, not knowing when they'll come to get you. What kind of life is that?
    Please choose carefully. If not for yourself, then for you future family.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 05:01 AM
    Hello Grateful:

If you make it to a country that Won't extradite you, you probably WON'T like that country. Only the real backwards ones won't extradite you. AND, I don't think you can even get to one of those countries.

excon
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 07:25 AM

First let me ask this: you think your life here now has no future. Do you currently speak Arabic, Chinese or Korean (north)?

Cause you can pretty much guess that you are not going to find an English speaking country that would A) allow you in and B) not extradite you with glee.

Jan 4, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Thanks guys, I promise, I'll do it legally, I'll renounce the citizenship an get the hell out of here. I'll keep you posted so others can learn.
    :)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 03:18 PM

Wait out your time for this as you won't be able to successfully board a plane and will be detained as trying to flee the country which will actually add more time to your sentence as you were trying to escape. You need to remember that either parole or probation means that you are still technically in jail but with special privileges such as sleeping in your own bed and eating food of your own chosing. If you are caught at the airport you will certainly be bounced back to prison or jail post haste.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratefultoyou View Post
    Thanks guys, I promise, I'll do it legally, I'll renounce the citizenship an get the hell out of here. I'll keep you posted so others can learn.
    :)
    Renouncing your citizenship won't mitigate your parole. You still won't legally be able to leave the country (or state - not positive)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 05:39 AM
    Hello again, Grateful:

If you've been paying attention, you'd know that the government doesn't care what nationality you are, or whether you have any at all. What they care about is the crime you committed and your time in jail.

They ARE going to make you do the time... EVENTUALLY. It's really better to get it OVER with. After all, this IS a pretty good place to live. You have family here. Who would want to leave? Plus, you have a piddly assed sentence. I could do THAT time on my head.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting off parole [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any chance of getting off parole early? I have been on parole for multiple (3) DWI offences since getting out in 2004 after serving 2 years in prison. What are the chances of being dismissed before my 2009 date? I have had no violations and have been clean since that time. This is in...

Will marrying a canadian citizen negate my felony conviction for fleeing and eluding [ 5 Answers ]

I was convicted of fleeing and eluding in 2006 a class I felony, can I marry a Canadian citizen and live in Canada?

Parole DUI [ 3 Answers ]

Actually I'm on parole so the judge no longer has jurisdiction. I'm just wondering if it's up to my PO whether to violate me or not

Parole DUI [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on parole for over two years. My sentence is scheduled to end in 2011. I got a misdemeanor DUI on 10/21. Is it up to my PO's discretion to send me to jail or is she simply obligated to do so?

View more questions Search