Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annsgirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 09:55 AM
    He is torn between adult daughter & me
    Him yet finds him blameless and heaps her venom on me .
    She: Has not spoken to me since he has been living here, will not .
    He: Says he doesn't understand her hatred and doesn't know what to do about it but he feels he has to help her out.

I am deeply hurt and confused as to what my place is in all this... I have never seen his grandbaby. This situation will continue to fester and grow and create immense problems if something doesn't change. He thinks it will "work out" on its own... but, of course, that has never, nor will it happen as long as she is getting all she needs. I want their relationship to be good because they love each other and need to have a father/daughter bond. I am being forced out of his life on many levels but he doesn't see that and is angry when I suggest she look harder for someone to babysit or to let him bring her to me... PS: He hasn't changed a diaper in 31 years...
    Annsgirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Part of my submission was eliminated...
    His daughter has a new baby... she wants him to babysit because she is "desperate" to go to a wedding but he cannot take the child to our home or have me in her home. She does not want me to see or have anything to to with his grandchild out of "loyalty" to her mother. She works and has her mother and a daycare provider share days during the week... mother can't sit this weekend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Talaniman, in another thread by this poster,
    It is what it is, so back off, and put no pressure on your husband, to reconcile anything. Just enjoy your own life, and family, and give him space to enjoy his, and you.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...me-244938.html

This was my advice before, and still is. Let your huband work out the details of what he will do.

Just stay out of it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I sent my adult daughter money or not? [ 11 Answers ]

I have an adult daughter (Age 30), who is constantly in crisis. She started in the Gay lifestyle about 8 years ago, and has had nothing but trouble since then. She has been in and out of many relationships, no only with other women, but her relationship with me and the rest of her family is very...

His adult daughter hates me [ 3 Answers ]

My significant other moved into my home at his request 3 years ago. We have been together for several years total. His former wife is very bitter towards me and continues to cause drama. (Hang up calls, berating me, spreading stories, telling him to come to his senses, denigrating my religion). He...

My adult daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My adult daughter is very upset with her family and me because we've been suggesting that she needs to find employment with benefits. She has quit every job she ever had and quit her last job about 6 months ago. She is not looking for work and has no medical insurance. She is very angry that I or...

Adult daughter with baby [ 17 Answers ]

I have an adult (22 yr old) daughter with her 2 year old baby that lives with me. She has been in and out of work for the last 2 years not keeping a job for more than 2-3 months. She doesn't help with the baby unless I "ask" her to watch the baby even though she is home or with her friends...

My adult daughter was raped [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter just had a nervous breakdown at the age of 21 as a result of the realization that she had been raped around the age of 5-7 by her male cousin. She spent 1 1/2 weeks in the Psych Department at a local hospital. Now, for the first time in years, she is back home with us. As much as I'm...

View more questions Search