Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kupkakee1223 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 09:26 PM
    My 20yr-old daughter is disrespectful and takes me as a nobody.
    My daughter is 20years-old, no job, and moved out of her apartment.
    Her behavior gotten worse after she moved out of my house and into the apartment.
    Ever since,
    She lies to me about going to church meetings, but actually a guy's house or party.
    She never answers the phone even if I call 6 times in a row.
    She comes home if she needs gas money.
    She even asks her little sister 13 year old for money.

Now that she moved out of her apartment, she's gotten way worse
    She lies constantly, she told me she went to VBS teaching, but she was actually out of town.
    She went to six flags without my permission.
    She cares herself only
    Example:
    We all have LG Phones, so we could use each others adapters. She broke her little sisters, lost hers and mine. I just bought a new one, and its already gone, and I don't know if she'll come back home again this week.
    She ruined her little sister's clip in extensions that my 13 year-old made by herself. And she took it w/o her permission and gone for 7 days. She woke up my 13 year-old at 2:31 AM, and she(13yearold) had school at 7(first day of 8th grade).

How do I stop her behavoir?
    How do I react?
    Do I ignore her calls, don't give her gas money, and take away her car and lock her out?
    I need help?

My younger daughter (13) is planning to buy a safe or a key lock in her room!

Please, I don't want my daughter and I to crack under this much pressure.

I do love my daughter... but I just don't know how to react to her irresponsible ways.

My 13 year old daughter is way different, she texts her sister to come home every night.

Please help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2008, 08:45 AM
    If the car is titled in her name you can not take it away BUT you can stop giving her money.
    Tell her that since she can't earn your trust she needs to earn her OWN money.
    You can't make her stop her behavior but you can tell her that if she wants to lie and not be responsible that she is no longer welcome to live under your roof.
    Maybe start offering to go to church with her that way she can't use church for her lie.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Yes. Cut off all resources. The more and more you give, the more disrespectful and ungrateful she'll act. She needs to earn her own way in life. She is 20 years old for crying out loud! I know it's hard for a parent to let go of their children, but the only way that she will ever learn is if you do so.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 09:08 AM
    She's 20. An adult.

You can kick her out of the house, cut off her money, and take the car back (if it's yours).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Ok, first she is a adult and does not have to answer to you and tell you where she is going, and most certainly does not need your permission to go anywhere, That is one issue. She is not 15 and does not have to ask anyone's permission to do anything.

Not sure where she is living, your home or somewhere else, but you don't let her in your home unless she is there as a guest when you are home, you don't give her money for anything, and get tough on her, only way to force her to be responible

Next calling 6 times in a row, if she does not answer on one, don't make a fool of yourself, sure she is turning it off after at least the first time.

You need to stop treating her as a child and treating her as a adult, which also means you hold her liable for her actions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 22yr old daughter is SO disrespectful! [ 23 Answers ]

I have a 22yr old daughter that lives with me and my husband and our children (younger sisters) and has been for 3 months after leaving an abusive relationship. She has 2 daughters 1yr & 4yr living with us also.. they are wonderful! My daughter is such a unhappy, ungratefull crabby... She has...

Disrespectful 27 old daughter and grandmother [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 27 year old daughter that is bipolar, still in college and 2 kids. Her father and I divorced when she was 5. Her father was an alcoholic and died when she was 15 due to liver complications. I have been the only constant in her life besides my parents. I have tried to raise her and...

Disrespectful Daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Please, anyone out there who can help, I have a 19 year old daughter who is in her first year of college. She has done well, etc. but we have had a turbulant relationship since she was 13. I thought it would be better when she went to college but she just is getting worse about trying to run my...

Disrespectful Step-Daughter [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend's daughter has never disrespected me, but she goes out of her way to make her father feel horrible. We have gone out of our way to make sure she knows she is welcome to do anything we are doing, but the few times she agreed to go with us she either talked on her cell phone or texted...

View more questions Search