Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TaToRtOt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Wants to live with mom but dad says no
    My dad has custody of me and I hate it. Me and my dad do not get along at all we fuss and fight every single day. I want to go and live with my mom but every time I bring it up he always gets mad and starts bad mouthing my mom. I ask to please let me go and live with my mom and he says well to bad its not your choice. What do I do to be able to go and live with my mom?:rolleyes:
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Does your dad have full custody of you?
    LettuceBFrank Posts: 33, Reputation: 15

Aug 7, 2007, 09:31 PM
    How old are you?

I wish that my answer hinged on your feelings but in some cases, age really does matter...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 09:56 PM
    Knock yourself out to get along with your father. Do the chores you are supposed to do, do your homework without being told, stay within your curfew, clean up and pick up after yourself in the kitchen and bathroom, keep your room clean and make your bed every morning, change your sheets every two weeks, do your own laundry, wash the dishes or fill the dishwasher and turn it on. In other words, be an obedient and fun-to-live-with child.

Do that for a month.

Also, don't whine. Don't beg to live with your mom. Thank your dad for stuff like grocery shopping and going to work every day to support you. Be agreeable.

Do that for a month too.

Then see how the wind blows.

My way has a chance to work. Whining and complaining won't do a thing for you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 09:59 PM
    Very true Wondergirl! Dad's probably doing all he can to take care of you and when he hears you saying you want to live with Mom it is probably a bit of a low blow to him. Like stated above, try being a little different for a while and see if things change a bit.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Yes, smiles give warm fuzzies and warm fuzzies are nice!
    momsneedkids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 09:24 AM
    Wrong anwer-if a girl wants to quit living with her dad,and wants to live with her mom she should tell her mom to go to the courthouse and get a modification of the custody order. Then get a hearing date, then tell the judge that it is always in the best interest of a female child to live with her mother. That should work.Dad's should understand that they just don't have the mothering instinct that mom's do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son wants to live with his dad? [ 16 Answers ]

my son is 14 yrs. Old he has a good life with me and his sister and stepdad. He is an honor student in school and on the high school football team. The problem is we live in Ohio his dad lives in Missouri, we moved here five yrs' ago, we own our home and both have been on or jobs for yrs. He visits...

I want to live with my mom but my dad has custody over me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a question regarding my situation. Ok well my parents were never married but they did separate when I was eight and me and my siblings got stuck living with my dad. So anyway me and my siblings want to live with our mom so we told her and she started going to court to try to win us...

Props to my mom&dad who won't ever see this :) [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to give my mom props... I think he is an excellent mother,. she is really hard on herslef though and is like man I suck at being a mom... but she is wrong. She is so supportive and loving and understainding and always tries to help us out in any way she can. This is also to all the other...

Mom and dad. [ 2 Answers ]

See my mom and dad are "divorced." But they are not legally divorced. So he is not paying child support. So life sucks right now. If my mom and dad do get divored... Is it a court deal? Or is it just papers and done?

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

View more questions Search