Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hebutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Painful fingertips
    I am a 33 year old women who started having tender finger tips(only in 3 fingers & thumb of left hand) 7 days ago. They are a bit warm (no overly though). They are a dull ache when not touching them but pressure (such as typing) increases the discomfort)
    Approximately 4 days after that I developed what I believe are called splinter hemorages (little red lines under the nail close to the finger tips). At the time of the splinter hemorages appearing the pain deminished.
    But it has returned as of yesterday. As far as I can remember there was no trauma to this hand (ie. Even though I am clumbsy I did not slam this hand in a drawer), and I am feeling fine/normal in every other way.
    Any ideas?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:38 AM
    I was thinking maybe poor circulation at first since it is in your left hand but I'm not too sure. If there are accompanying symptoms of numbness or tingling, it could be due to a nerve entrapment and this may be either due to a problem in the neck or pressure in the wrist. The nerves to the fingers go through a small tunnel at the wrist to get into the hand - called the carpal tunnel. Pressure here will produce similar symptoms. Usually it is the middle fingers that are most affected. It can be worse at night and cause pain or discomfort that may wake you, or the hand may feel particularly numb and heavy first thing in the morning. Other causes include rheumatic conditions like arthritis or vasculitis, etc. It needs to be examined and then appropriately investigated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red itchy dots under fingertips [ 1 Answers ]

I have been getting very small dark red dots under the skin of my middle finger tips on both hands but not at the same time, for several years now. I noticed them off to the side of my nail beds at first, but now they are appearing on the fingerprint part of my fingertips. When I itch them the area...

Painful boots [ 4 Answers ]

Right. I have a pair of gorgeous, metallic blue, well fitting, knee-high Doc Martin boots. The problem is when I lace them up and try to walk in them the crease at my ankle is so stiff I find it digs really badly into my achilles tendon and ribs away the skin. How do you soften leather boots?...

Painful cramps [ 4 Answers ]

I have been getting large clots, when I get my period and the cramps feel more like contractions, rather than cramps and until I pass these large clots the pain does not go away. In facts I have to stop what I'm doing cause I can't moved and all I want to do is cry.:(

Painful Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

What could be the problem with daily eye pain and burning that is contolled only with 800 to 1600 mgs ibuprofen or does not occur only when person is pregnant?

Painful Hunger [ 6 Answers ]

Why does our tummies hurt when we're really hungry?

View more questions Search