My dads girlfriend is ruining me and my dads relationship

Asked Jun 10, 2012, 10:29 AM 20 Answers
    My parents have been divorced since I can remember; I was about 3 at the time. Mum dated a few times but now she has a boyfriend who I get along with. He has his boundaries and would never come between me and my mother's relationship. But my dad's girlfriend is another story. They have been together since I was about 6 or 7. Before she moved in, I didn't mind her because I didn't know her that well.

About 4 years ago my dad bought a new house and his girlfriend moved in with us. At first it was okay, but as the years went on Its been getting worse and worse. My dad has changed so much because of her. He is now into expensive art, buying things, and having the best of the best. He used to be so down to earth. Its all changed because of her.

The other thing is she NEVER pays for anything. Our bathroom is getting done up at the moment because our bathroom was pretty bad. But she's asking for all this new stuff for it that we don't need! AND now they are doing up dad and her bathroom when it is perfectly fine! All of this is around $90,000. Obviously is coming out of dad's pockets.

When we are going to go out for dinner it's always "Robyn what do you want to do? What about here?" He never asks me what I want to do. And when she doesn't get her way she has a big hissy fit and is down buzz which makes dad change things for her wellbeing. She always says I want this I want that and she always goes against anything I say. My dad is completely on the whip and me and my brother hate it.

We tell my mum absolutely everything and if she wasn't there for us I don't know what I would do. I live with mum half the time and dad half the time. But I am seriously considering living with my mum full time. Dad never shows affection for me anymore; we used to have a father-daughter relationship people would kill for but now its all about Robyn.

Once at a hotel Robyn went to the bathroom and while she was there I told my dad I was cold. When Robyn came back she also said she was cold. So dad spooned her to warm her up. There was me on the other bed, my heart dropped. She also always stands in the middle of us, literally. We would be walking and she would walk in between us, or at a restaurant or couch or car she would sit in the middle. Its so obvious what she's trying to do.

Everyone says talk to your dad about it but I'm not good at talking about things to him. And when we try to he denies it and insists that she is perfect. Can anybody help?

Last edited by Wondergirl; Jun 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 61,874, Reputation: 5753
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#21

Aug 5, 2012, 03:16 PM

There has been a lot of cleanup done on this thread, mostly because of the rudeness of one poster. This will not be tolerated.

Parenting is not an exact science. Different people, different situations call for different solutions. Everyone's opinion is welcome. But opinions have to be justified and they have to be given with civility.

Let me explain how I see this. We start with a member who complains about the way her father is treating his girlfriend. Some members read the accounts and felt that the poster was overreacting and making too much of things. Then some other members who claim to have been going through similar things start telling the initial responders that they have no right to say what they have been saying. So the thread became a fight which needed clean up.

I'm going to close this thread
    , because the OP has not returned in almost 2 months. Because the juveniles responding here don't understand how this site works.

You need to respect the opinions of others. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them, but it means you have to treat them and their opinions with civility. Especially if you want your opinions to be respected. If you disagree, then explain why you disagree. Learn how to discuss not argue.

The dads rights! [ 1 Answers ]

I split up with my baby's dad when I was 4 month pregnant, due to him getting it in his head he's not the dad. ( this is impossible ) and I'm 6 and a half month pregnant now. He doesn't want anything to do with the whole pregnancy, and said don't contact him till ITS born and we'll get IT DNA...

Dads girlfriend [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am a teenager, and a full time university student. I am not a maid, because I work part time as well, however, I do keep our home clean. They have a baby together, however, she does not live with us. This is because she has other children and he doesn't like noisy homes (her...

Dad's girlfriend ruining my relationship with him. [ 1 Answers ]

My parents have been divorced for as long as I can remember. I believe I was six at the time, in fact. Both of my parents have new partners. My mother has a boyfriend, who I get on really well with. They have been together four years and he moved in a year ago. It is nice as with my mum, her...

Dads girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I really like my dads girlfriend. A lot. Buut I really feel like every time I am with my dad she takes control on what is suppose to be his decision, OK as an example. MOVIES: so when I am with her and my dad I want to watch a rated R movie like knocked up and she says no because its rated R...

Dads looking for me [ 2 Answers ]

My dad's wants visitation rights after 12 years. Should I be excited or mad?