Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itscolleen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Family of dead friend
    MY husbands best friend died in dec 2006 and left us some money . How ever we can't get his death record because we don't know where he was born or the names of his parents can someone help us. . :confused: :confused:
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Hasn't your husband ever met anyone in his family? Didn't he go to the funeral?

If he left you money he should have put your names and some contact information in his will. I think you would have been contacted by now by the executor.

EDIT: But in any case, off the top of my head there are a few ways to find the:

1. Do you know where he worked last? Call there and ask for his emergency contact info, hopefully it's a family member or someone who knows his family.

2. If he had an apartment, contact the landlord, someone must have come by to clean it out, most likely family

3. Go to the post office and see if his mail was forwarded to another address until his estate was settled, again, most likely family.

4. If you at least know where he was buried, contact the cemetery, someone had to pay for the plot and make the arrangements, they might have some contact info.

5. Lowest chances of working, if you know at least the city they live in put an ad in the local paper or just call everyone with his last name.

Again, with the above there isn't a sure chance anyone will give you this information but just be nice and say your trying to contact a dead friends family, don't mention the money.

And are you 100% sure you are in the will? If not the discussion with the family could be very awkward.
    itscolleen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
    He was cremated and we helped with that he has a son that was astringed for years and he would not give us any info. And he had no will. This was an ira. And his son knows that part of that was left to us but has not reported his death yet he is letting it gain interest.we where named interest but can't find out anything because his son would not give us the info after he died.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Contact the IRA, supply them a statement from the funeral home and a ciipping from the news paper. Contact the funeral home, they can supply you a death certificate ( they may desire to mail it directly to the IRA people)

That should work, at least in MO, the funeral home director can order the death certificates.

But if not, sue the son of this man in probate court ( or civil) may need an attorney not sure which court to force them to supply a death certificate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

Dead Zone! [ 65 Answers ]

Has anybody have ever seen the show dead zone! I find it to be an interesting show. Any shows that are paranormal is interesting to me. For example: Medium, Ghost Whisperer, A haunting, Dead Zone and others. What are your thoughts on these shows and the paranormal. Is anybody here have...

Seeing dead? [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm quite new to this, I'm going through a pretty hard time at the moment, one of my Aunty's son's died at the weekend, I'm pretty close to her. I went to see her and behind her, at a glance, I saw this man standing behind her with his hand on her shoulder. When I got home I mentioned...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

Dead in the Yard [ 4 Answers ]

How do I check to see if I am getting juice to the spark plug?

View more questions Search