Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Nah, Sorry whether it is homemade or so called authentic the idea and thought behind it is the same.

Not really a compromise. I do not take it or leave it. It is just there.

Joe
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Apr 4, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Well, it's all or nothing, so I guess it will have to be nothing. I stick with my opinion. No proof, no cigar.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Exactly it is just your opinion. I disagree about it being all or nothing. There is a between.

I was going to rate you but it is better I disagree this way. (;

Can not knock you for having a different opinion. (;

Apr 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Maybe it's time for all of us to call it quits. It sounds like no one is going to convince anyone else to change their minds. Let's agree to disagree.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Even Mediums have stopped using them. They are boring. Use one every day for a month and you will soon discover that you keep getting the same answers over and over.

There are better ways to communicate with Spirit - that deeper part of you that some call the Higher-Self.

All said and done it is you doing it. You are scaring the life out of yourself. Try the blindfold experiment.

You can use it. It can be useful. It can be fun. But only if you are ready to accept the truth. That you are communicating with your own subconscious. And it is your own imagination that is frightening the life out of you.
    Universal Truth Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 4, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Before getting into my experiment, I would like to formally apologize for any "rating" going on. I didn't know it was actually a rating system. I was under the impression you could just say whether you agree or disagree. My bad.

Anyway- Apparently, the board I received from my friend is broken. It's either that, or the Spirits didn't think Snakes on a Plane was worthy of there response. I guess we will have to wait and see if there will ever be a sequel. As for the Ouija board, I failed to get it to work, my friend failed to get it to work, but we have heard several accounts of the board "allegedly" working. I have tried to do the best I could, but I'm betting this experiment will not sway any opinions.

I can't really argue with FR_Chuck since he claims to have first person experience. I mean, I could, but it wouldn't do any good for the issue. I'm not trying to change someone's belief, I was trying to prove that using a Ouija board alone doesn't work. It doesn't.

I would like to reiterate the point made earlier and state "it's a game" and they are on sale at Target, in Huntington Beach, right now for $12.95. Ages "9 to adult" but not the elderly. The board does not endorse the elderly, sorry grandma, back to bingo for you.
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 5, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    Even Mediums have stopped using them. They are boring. Use one every day for a month and you will soon discover that you keep getting the same answers over and over.

There are better ways to communicate with Spirit - that deeper part of you that some call the Higher-Self.

All said and done it is you doing it. You are scaring the life out of yourself. Try the blindfold experiment.

You can use it. It can be useful. It can be fun. But only if you are ready to accept the truth. That you are communicating with your own subconscious. And it is your own imagination that is frightening the life out of you.
    What is the blindfold experiment?

Apr 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
    It's when you use a ouija board when blindfolded.
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 5, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Silly me.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Try this simple blindfold experiment. If it was spirits, they would be able to guide your hands no matter whether you can see or not. But if it is you doing it unconsciously, then the blindfold will prevent you from getting an answer to your question, because you can't see the board!

This experiment has been carried out and it has been proven that if you can't see the board the message will be nonsense.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Here's something else to think about -

Where are all the spirits that are supposed to have come through because of the Ouija Board? If all the stories were to be believed, we would be over run with spirits! Lol
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 5, 2007, 04:09 PM
    If indeed you were meant to have contact with the spirits you would without your board authentic or not!

It amuses me the amount of posts and views your question has attracted, I myself am a believer and consider myself tuned in however do not exploit the gift I have been given by calling on it!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 04:31 AM
    I too feel privileged to have extra-ordinary perception and awareness that allows me to completely trust my own instincts, intuition and inner knowledge and wisdom.

I believe this evolved for me in order to survive a very harsh childhood. I have always felt spiritually cared for, like someone was looking out for me.

Now someone may come along and say, “If someone was looking after you why did you have to go through everything that you did.” And my answer would be, “Because I had to go through all that in order to be where I am now.”

I was the oldest of five and yet I felt like I had grown up all alone and in pain. Today, I am so surrounded with family and kids. I feel blessed and wouldn't change a thing.

My epitaph will read - I have no complaints whatsoever.

I Pray everyone coming to this board in pain finds half the peace I have.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 9, 2007, 07:56 PM
    I don't know if you should play it alone, but I have played it with my sister and friend a few years ago. I was at my dads house in Las Vegas, NV and I believed his house to be haunted. (its a huge house) and every night I would hear something running up and down the stairs and across the hallways. Well anyway... my dad went out of town for the weekend for the rosebowl and we decided to play it. We were ages 15,16,and17. Well we played it and asked random fun questions like "who has a crush on so and so" and then we decided to test it if it was real and that none of us we're messing with it. So I wrote down a number on apiece of paper and folded it and held onto it. My sister and friend played it while I went in the other room. Well the Ouija board got it right ten times in a row. We would still ask it questions like "what was our great grandmothers middle name" after we got the answer, we'd call our mom and she told us what it was when we never met our great grandmother. Sure enough it was right. Right before we decided to put it away, we heard kind of like a knocking noise coming from inside the bedroom closet (we were in a bedroom). We screamed and decided to stop playing. Then we went downstairs to eat. Well there is a coat closet tucked away under the stairway and all of a sudden that closet door opened really fast slamming against the wall, then slammed shut really fast. Well I never thought I could run so fast, but we took off out that front door as fast as our legs could carry. Now since we are all older we tried to play it again and we couldn't get it to work, I don't know if it is cause we were in a different house or what. Maybe it was because of the age. I think that poltergiests (sp) are more common to younger people who are vulnerable and naïve. I grew up Catholic so my parents weren't too excited when they found out! Also when you are done using it make sure to put it face down, it kind of "turns it off" I read that somewhere I don't know where. Just becareful when you play it! You can open it to good or bad spirits. I have heard of so many people or houses becoming possessed after playing that thing. Careful!
    TheScarletWoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    The only risk is that others may think you are crazy. Is this the Parker Brothers version?
    I can assure you that the only "spirits" are holy ones.
    A HA HA HA I love this guy
    shimmer love Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by organizedcruelty
    Hi, I just purchased a Ouija Board (the glow in the dark one) yesterday; i've never before used one in my life but researched and have some knowledge about it. Why are people not supposed to use them alone? And also, I have what i would call a 'sixth sense' anyways where i see and hear things most people can't (it runs in the family)...would that attract a lot of evil spirits? How do u know what to ask without accidentally inviting bad things? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!
    OK well you aren't suppose to use one alone because if the board or spirit gets made things atrt happening and we all play with friends so your not alone... sometime your door will shut and lock things will be moved... or you could die just be very careful of the questions you ask and how you ask them Don't PLAY ALONE
    krissymarie Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2008, 06:17 AM
    If you use a Ouija Board alone you can get possessed. I'm not sure why, but its been said that possessions have happened before.

Feb 20, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Why is it safer to use the board with more people than just one? What does doing it with a partner do. What, don't the ghosts think they can take on 2 people?
    Pixolence Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Some of you are here to engage in senseless arguments that will prove nothing. All the person wants to know is why one can't use it when alone and how to protect themselves while using it.

So why don't some of you back off, and let other people answer his QUESTION.
    Thank you.
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Mar 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Ok, take this from a Wiccan and someone who actively practiced magic for over 8 years. The Ouija board is a GAME, nothing more. Guess who it was made by, go on guess... The Parker Brothers. Same guys who made monopoly. You can't summon a demon, angel, spirit or ghost by using a board with numbers and letter and a little glass thingy. So you can use it alone if you want. The only reason that anything "supernatural" would happen is because your mind is telling you things will happen, that's all. It's a game, nothing more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm thinking about using a ouija board... [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my two friends did one two days ago but we didn't do it right and I looked it up on the website and I now know how to do it. I was just woundering what everyone would say about it though, as I have heard that they aren't always safe! I have tried talking out loud but that didn't work...

Does anyone have a ouija board story? [ 127 Answers ]

I have heard some pretty scary ouija board stories in my time. I want to know if anyone has heard of any?

How To Solve The Ouija Board Mystery [ 5 Answers ]

Want to join me in a Ouija Board discusion? Check out this page and let me know what you think - Ouija Board Blindfold Experiment The Straight Dope Mailbag: The Straight Dope Mailbag: How does a Ouija board work?

View more questions Search