Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Jan 22, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Does Gwen Shamblin of the Weigh Down teachings, believe in the Trinity?
    I asked them on their web site but never got an answer... Hank Hanagraph whom has a daily radio show from CRI (Christian Research Institute) says that she does not... I have her tapes and books... but do not want to follow them if she does not believe in the Holy Trinity... does anyone know?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 11:07 AM

Beware of Hank H. He is a good person with good intentions (and exceptional knowledge of some things) but he often speaks before researching properly... and also often gives "facts" without citing them.

I've spoken to him personally on several occasions. I hold no grudges against him but disagree with the way that he presents things as facts without showing proof or citations.

If he says so and so believes ______ then he ought to show a quotation or other "proof" that it is true.

With no citation or proof, consider it his opinion only... not necessarily fact.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jun 1, 2009, 03:17 PM
    The main thing is that if we rejected all information because a person was either a believer or not, we would miss a lot of good stuff. Weigh down works if you do, weight watchers(started by a nonchristian) works if you do. People who are not saved can still say truthful things and give helpful information... and there are people that say they believe in the trinity that would cheat lie and steal from their own mother if they thought they would benefit. Be like the Bereans who checked everything that Paul said against the scriptures before just accepting it.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Beware of Hank H. He is a good person with good intentions (and exceptional knowledge of some things) but he often speaks before researching properly...and also often gives "facts" without citing them.

I've spoken to him personally on several occasions. I hold no grudges against him but disagree with the way that he presents things as facts without showing proof or citations.

If he says so and so believes ______ then he ought to show a quotation or other "proof" that it is true.

With no citation or proof, consider it his opinion only...not necessarily fact.
    I would agree that great caution should be used with any input from Hank Hanegraaf, especially over the past few years. He is going further and further off track.

Nonetheless, Gwen Shamblin does reject the doctrine of the trinity. I have some of her literature around here, and a few years ago grabbed a document from her website where she was defending her view of the nature of God. I will try to dig up the details - it has been a few years since I research this specific topic.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 08:38 AM
    There's all sorts of stuff out there on Gwen such as this but you'll have to make the call. Supposedly she does reject the doctrine of the Trinity but I don't know how or if that's affected her weight program.

I would have no problem using Weight Watchers or other secular diets but I would have a problem with a program that uses spirituality as an aspect if the teachings dont align with my biblical beliefs. But again, youll have to make the call.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 08:56 AM

I am still searching for my old documentation on her, but this link goes to an excellent article that quotes, extensively from Gwen Shamblin's own words regarding her views regarding the trinity. I can vouch for then author of the article.

http://teachingtruth.cjb.net/studies...theTrinity.htm
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 11:30 PM
    I must agree with Jeff and Tj3 on this.
    Fred
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Jun 3, 2009, 05:44 AM

Thank you all for your input! Your all knowledgeable about it all! But yes, I personally would not want to follow anything, religious or otherwise... if the person does not believe what I do... ex: I would not want to take any suggestions etc. for an agnostic or atheist... but then again as homesell says... that does not mean her weight loss regimen does not work... but it is a personal matter... I choose not to do so... just as I would never set foot in a Kingdom Hall of JW's FOR ANTHING ever again, funeral etc... it is not in my belief system and why would I, knowing what I know now about it being a cult? Thanks again for all of your time, concern and thought to my question! May God bless you all... swirlgirl
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 06:00 PM
    swirlgirl,
    You're welcome
    Have a gentle day.
    Fred
    footey777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 04:11 AM
    If you go to Remnantfellowship.org and go under "Essence of God", Gwen's views on the Trinity are there; she is against the 3 entities that are equal, yet One God. She says they are not one God. Trinitarians believe they are 3 separate entities, but yet One God. So here is my reasoning on the whole thing:

What they don't understand is when they say in their “Essence of God” reasonings is that God the Father has told them to worship and praise His Son, Jesus, that God would only tell them to do that if He was One God with Jesus, because God said to have no other gods before Him. If Jesus were not One God with God the Father, God the Father, who adamantly commands us to have no other gods besides Him, would tell you not to worship Jesus because that would be advocating worship of another God besides Him and God the Father wouldn't do that. So, by their own reasoning, they become polytheists because they claim they are worshipping God the Father and they are worshipping Jesus the Son. But if they are worshipping both as if they are God and if Jesus is not One God with God the Father, then they have 2 gods. The first God is God the Father and the 2nd God is Jesus the Son. They can't worship Jesus the Son if God the Father is the only God they recognize as the One true God, because you can have no other gods but God. They can't have it both ways. Either they worship God the Father as the One True God or they worship Jesus as the One True God , but if they don't think the Triune Godhead is One God, then to worship both would be polytheism on the part of Remnant Fellowship. The only way you can worship both and only have One God ( which is a commandment) is if they are One God. God the Father would never tell you to worship a Jesus that is not One with Him because if Jesus were not One God with God the Father, by God's standards
    ( of having only One God) you would not be allowed to worship Jesus.
    If Jesus the Son is not One God with God the Father , as Remnant says, then God the Father would not advocate worshipping Jesus the Son, because that would be God the Father telling them to have another God besides Him, and we all know He most adamantly opposes having another God besides Him. Since they do not think Jesus and God the Father are separate entities, yet One God, they cannot worship both, else they be guilty of polytheism. God the Father would not tell them to worship His Son, if He was not One God with Jesus , because then they would be accusing God the Father of allowing them to have another god to worship, which would be Jesus the Son. God the Father would only advocate worship of Jesus the Son, if they were One because there is only One God.
    So who is Remnant worshipping? They can't worship Jesus the Son, unless He's one God with God the Father, or else they're guilty of polytheism and that is strictly forbidden in the scriptures.
    Trinitarians, on the other hand, worship a Triune Godhead God that recognizes Jesus is separate from God the Father, and yet they are commanded to worship them as One God (because Jesus Himself said, ” I and the Father are One”) , as God has commanded that there is only One God and you shall have no other gods before Him.
    There is a mystery to godliness:

1 Timothy 3:16 (New King James Version)
    16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
    Justified in the Spirit,
    Seen by angels,
    Preached among the Gentiles,
    Believed on in the world,
    Received up in glory.

Comment by Fran | February 15, 2010

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If The Trinity is Real then. [ 52 Answers ]

If Jesus left, and said he would come back... And if jesus was both simultaneously god, and the holy spirit... Doesn't this mean that all those three things left back then... and still hasn't come back?

The Trinity in the Bible [ 120 Answers ]

One person in another thread was questioning the trinity, so I am starting a new thread here to discuss that topic. Let's start with this. Who are the three persons mentioned in this passage: Isa 48:16-17 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From...

The Trinity [ 31 Answers ]

I have a pretty clear understanding of the Trinity according to my churches teaching. Please explain your churches understanding of the trinity and how they work together? I do not want arguments on who is right or wrong, just an explanation that a laymen like me can understand. Thanks.

Do you believe in the Trinity? Why or why not? [ 43 Answers ]

Please provide your evidence for or against the doctrine of the Trinity.

Trinity [ 28 Answers ]

How do you define the Trinity?

View more questions Search