Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Jul 27, 2007, 09:17 AM
    TIME IS RUNNINING OUT! Kitten only bites 82 year old lady and not her adult son?
    My hairdresser an 82 year old lady, whom has blood circulation problems... has a new darling girl kitty... problem is it is biting her hands and legs and has done so since she got it about a month a ago... she can no longer keep it now because she is afraid of getting bitten so bad that she could get complications from the blood circulation condition she has.

It does not bite her 59 year old son? They have tried the yelling and clapping when saying "NO", and the spray bottle.

Otherwise she loves the kitten, and unfortunately now will have to give it away. Any suggestions... why only her and not her son? Thank you quick responses would be most appreciated... as any day now she is taking the kitten back to the rescue place... an unknown future for a precious little darling girl.:confused:
    daisymactx Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Jul 27, 2007, 09:42 AM
    The kitten is probably teething. They do have cat chew toys that are soft and filled with catnip. My "biter" likes to chew on them.

When they use the spray bottle is it on mist or a hard squirt? A squirt is more startling. I use a water gun, but if it's not handy I have even resorted to dipping my fingers in my glass of water and flinging the water in his face.

One more thing - does she feed the kitty? In our home I get the abuse because I do the feeding, and, sometimes, it is my cat's way of telling me to get in the kitchen and feed him. Other times they are little nips that are signs of affections. I had a post on here about "Is my cat courting me?" But he is older, so I don't think that helps so much.

One more thought - maybe some kind of lotion, or non-toxic liquid that tastes yucky might help deter this. Nothing sweet, or too stinky, because cats like both, but maybe something that is slightly bitter or has an alcohol base. It's just a thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does a mom cope with an adult son? [ 6 Answers ]

Thank you for listening.

My adult son cannot stand to be with me [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I are in our 70's and live 3,000 miles from our son. He is a hardworking, successful, well liked man of 40 with an adorable wife and a new baby of just 9 months. My son had some troubled years in his teens and did get into drugs. We did our best but he did not really listen to us. ...

How do I evict adult son? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to help my 26 yr old adult son get his life back together. He is on 2 years probation for making a bad choice of unauthorized use of a vehicle. In other words he was stopped while driving a stolen vehicle however, he was not the person who stole it, just driving it as a favor...

My two year bites [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 1/2 is in the stage of biting he bits his little brother all the time.I've tried everything and he won't stop.I've tried yelling,spanking,a finger of lemon juice(not much)and I've also bit back,because he also bites me.Any help on this? Amber

My adult son [ 35 Answers ]

My son is 42. I have always had a wonderful relationship with him, About 3 years ago he moved back to my state to start a business. I helped him I even worked for him and put my house up for his business.. He got rich and now he hates me. I never saw it coming. His phone is blocked and he will not...

View more questions Search