Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissMyGirlie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Need help figuring out what neighbors used to poison Girlie
    Last week my siamese cat girlie died , despite the 4 trips to the vet, x rays, blood test, IV fluids, more blood tests, activated charchol, force feeding, and the $750 spent in vet services my girlie still died. My vet last words to me was "I am baffled" and it doesn't look good. The first sign of illness which were sleeping with nose pointed down, vomiting clear kind of bubble small amount of fluid, not eating or drinking and a kinds like a cough. In the past I had a large number of cats die almost in the same day with very similar systems.Like 12 died and upon vet visits then all she did was rule out any feline diseases
    although almost insistant on the cause being KITTY PARVO despite sending a tech out 2 times to test two different cats and testing negative. This time my vet had the same mind set and I could not get her to treat or consider poisoning. Basically the fever of 105.7 and the low white blood cell count told her it was viral but antibiotics seemed to make Girlie worse. When Girlie would try to purr it sounded very rough and would choke mainly after eating so on two different occaisions an x-ray was taken and the vet could see nothing stuck or foreign. So more blood was drawn to send out to a lab {the 1 st day only in house done} on the 3 rd day, 3 rd visit and when Girlie blood was spun the serum was neon yellow and so thick it could not be drawn up in a needle. The very same thing happened 8 months earlier when I took Butters to the vet when 12 cats died. So I have no doubt my lovely neighbors are responsible but until I can link these systoms to a specific poison I am afraid this discusting crime will go uninvestigated, unpunished, and my Girlie will have died w/o a cause. IT seemed as though she had gotten better she was eating, drinking, and going potty on her own for a day in a half when suddenly she sounded congested started coughing and then full on choking. I was hysterical trying everything I could to help her from clearing her air way to cpr. And I watched crying uncontrollable
    desperate to help her die in my arms. And just yesterday I noticed my neighbor had some
    grey granule powder substance sprinkled in 5 different spots on his side of the small fence that separates our driveways. And upon looking closer the 5 blotches of this stuff was sprinkled undoubtly where cats have gone to the bathroom. Evident by small piles of dirt
    and the dirt in general being loose unlike the rest of his yard. So when he left to take his wife to the doctor I took plenty of pictures and even scooped up sample of the substance.
    Being tight on funds right now due to vet bill I can not have it analyzed but would like to.
    I don't even know where I can take it to have analyzed to determine what it is. But I Pray
    it will be what I need to finally get law enforcement and humane society to do what should have been done the first time around . Please Help Me .If you know of any cases with the same systoms,or where I might get the sample analyzed for minimal cost or any advice or suggestions I would be forever grateful t feel something came from my Girlie dying.
    I MISS HER SO MUCH. Thank you

Robin Schultz
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:21 PM
    I hope that someone will take it seriously,

I had my dog posioned twice and then someone came into my yard and shot my dog in the neck. I could not even get a police report.

After a dozen calls they would not even send a investigator out.

I do hope you have better luck.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 09:49 PM
    The powder stuff you are talking about sounds like Lime (limestone powder). I had to use it once when my dog made a stinky mess under my deck. (I believe Fr Chuck [above] was the person who recommended it to me for removing stinky pet odors). It really works very well. Since your neighbor seems to be sprinkling it where the cats are going to the bathroom, perhaps he's using it to rid his yard of the odor.
    I don't believe it's poisonous to cats, but you might want to check with you vet to make sure.
    Your cat seems to have symptoms of a common poisoning done by the Lilly Flowers. Do you or your neighbors have any Lillies that your cat/s could come into contact with?
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Jul 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Wow, read your post.

I am so sorry for your loss! When you said 12... did you mean 12 of YOUR cats? Or in the neighborhood 12 cats have died like yours?

Did you find out what it was? Any news or new findings? Also I wondered if your neighbors hated cats and let you know about it?.

Please answer, I am sure others have wondered what has transpired about this?:o

Marla

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Figuring out how much I owe [ 9 Answers ]

I moved this past June from Washington, DC to NYC. I am trying to figure out how much more in taxes I might have to pay, besides what is taken out of my paycheck biweekly. I am a single person with no dependents so I have the standard deductions for a single filer. The first half of the year, I...

Figuring out how much I owe... Part II... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ATL Tax Expert: Thanks for your response! My only question to your answer is why my federal tax liability would be 34,100 based on 150K income? I worked half a year making 67K and the other half of the year making 83K. Therefore, wouldn't my federal tax be based on the average of 67K and 83K,...

Need Help Figuring Out A Show From The 90's! [ 3 Answers ]

All I remember is at the starting there was a light ( I thought it was a light bulb but my brother says it was a ghost ). I remember the kids would talk to it... All I remember is this part of the series: Where there was this little purple monster doll thing. He wore a black leather jacket......

I need help with figuring this out [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Sorry, this may be kind of long, but advise me if you can. I am a college student (senior) and I met a guy 3 years ago as a freshman. (Yes, we had sex... safe sex of course). I don't really remember why we stopped talking 3 years ago, but I recently saw him on the street....

View more questions Search