Do I have A spirit following me?

Asked Sep 24, 2008, 12:44 PM — 31 Answers

I think I might have a spirit following either me or my husband, Everywhere we move to, we always experience something, me first though. I kind of think it might be me though cause I experience more than he does. We had lived in this apartment that we just recently moved out of, and I was experiencing things there, seeing things and hearing things, it was even bad as to me not being able to sleep for long cause I felt like I was being waken up to ugly feelings of being watched, and something being in the room watching me. I would even think I heard something talking to me. I felt like I was going crazy. We moved out recently and for the first week at my sister in laws I was sleeping comfortable, happy that I wasn't being waken up by whatever, but it all just recently changed cause just this past week weird thing started happening in the home, and my in laws don't really believe in ghosts, but they saw an actual apparition, and we all have been hearing things, and I have been waken up in the middle of the night once again the last two days. I guess what I really wan to know is can spirits follow you, and are they following us?

Ps. The small kids in the home have been talking and playing with something that we can't see, so we're freaking out, but that used to happen at myold apartment.

Last edited by qupid1984; Sep 24, 2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: forgot to add some things.
    jaime90's Avatar
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163

#2

Sep 25, 2008, 11:08 AM

Being a Christian, I believe that yes spirits can follow you. "Ghosts" to me are just evil spirits- not the spirit of a dead person. Satan will do whatever he can to make people believe that there is no afterlife- even if it means taking the form of a "ghost." I have had the same experiences before- feeling uncomfortable, feeling as though you're being watched, hearing noises, etc. I don't know how to make it stop, for me it just comes and goes and is usually connected with one building, not several like you are experiencing, but to answer your question, I think a spirit probably is following you.
    nickycummings's Avatar
    nickycummings Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

#3

Sep 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Do you know the story of that apartment? Like who lived there before? Sometimes souls stay in a place and no matter how long they passed away, they feel that is where they belong. I will advise you to move out or if you can't ask a priest to bless your place.
    qupid1984's Avatar
    qupid1984 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#4

Sep 25, 2008, 01:53 PM
    We have moved, into my sister in laws home, but it seems to have followed us here, they've never seen anything in the home, until we moved in. I get a feeling that it's not good. I want to try to look into the history of those apartments, but don't know where to start.

Ps: I think it might be here also because his familyis kind of loud and yell and fight with each other, just some violence.
    Alder's Avatar
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

#5

Sep 26, 2008, 12:56 PM

Qupid, I'd be a lot more concerned about getting my kids away from a place where the living flesh and blood members of the family engage in "some violence." Although spirits can be harmful, even dangerous, human beings can still be a more dangerous species than all the spirits, tigers, and sharks put together.

The answer to your title question seems to be yes, there is a spirit following you. It latched on at the old apartment and followed you, probably because you are feeding it. If you are often in an emotionally upset state, you are not "all together." You open up gaps in your soul (for lack of a better word), where your energy can leak out and spirits can get in, feeding on the energy of you. Then when you get scared of it, you give it even more energy.

The children don't seem to be afraid of it, which may be a good sign; they may have a more positive relationship with it. But spirits, just like humans, sometimes pretend to be friendly to children even when they mean them harm.

Right now, this seems to be a parasitic relationship. You can either sever the relationship or change it to something positive. What if you were like a sea anemone and the spirit were like a clown fish? It might still be feeding off your energy, but maybe only table scrap energy you were sloughing off and would never miss, but it might give you protection, guidance, wisdom. It might help you watch over your children or comfort you when you need someone to talk to. You know things are going well if it tells you its name.

If you try that and it doesn't work, or if you just can't bring yourself to make friends, tell it to leave. Try to adopt a kind of cool, confidence, fear in check, when dealing with it. Think of Will Smith confronting an alien in the MIB movies. That kind of attitude. There are all kinds of rituals in every tradition you can imagine, Christian, pagan, indigenous, for clearing yourself of it. The ritual works if it feels right to you, because it both has an effect on the critter, and helps you form the clear intention of what you want, and it is really your own inner power (connecting to a Higher Power, of course) that does the trick.

If you get stuck, drop me a line by private message or whatever and I'll be happy to work with you in more detail.

Blessings to you and your family,

Alder
    qupid1984's Avatar
    qupid1984 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

#6

Sep 26, 2008, 04:49 PM
    we're going to move from here, that's good news, I hope that whatever won't follow us, and we're left at peace. They see it more than I do now. But I still get the feeling like someone is here, and I'm really afraid to hear what it has to say because what if it's bad and won't leave me alone?
    Alder's Avatar
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

#7

Oct 1, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qupid1984 View Post
    we're going to move from here, thats good news, I hope that whatever won't follow us, and we're left at peace. they see it more than I do now. but I still get the feeling like someone is here, and I'm really afraid to hear what it has to say because what if it's bad and won't leave me alone?
    If it's following you because it wants to tell you something, the best way to get rid of it is to sit down and listen politely to what it has to say. Don't be afraid of hearing it. You are no more bound to accept what it says than what any of us say. Stand in your own center of integrity and choose for yourself what story your own life offers. That's a better approach than letting anyone, living human or otherwise, tell you how to be in the world.
    mugger's Avatar
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 25

#8

Oct 1, 2008, 02:22 PM

The fact that the kids are talking to it is a good sign (kids haven't been told to NOT believe in such things and shut that sense down, yet). If it truly bothers you, simply and politely tell the spirit that you are uncomfortable with its presence.
    bremckay3's Avatar
    bremckay3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#9

Jul 23, 2009, 06:39 PM
    I understand what you are saying one night... when I went to sleep... I woke up hearing something touching and picking up and setting down things in my room and I got creeped out so I hid under the covers. I heard it it sounded like it was smacking it's lips and I haven't gotten it to leave me alone since...
    angel_over_me's Avatar
    angel_over_me Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

#10

Jul 26, 2009, 05:35 AM

Being a Clairvoyant, I can happily answer your question. Believe it or not it's your spirit guide-not guardian angel-that is around you. They can be seen, felt, etc. and your children are talking to their guides as well. Yes, at first it can be scary and unnerving, but your guide means no harm to you, but just wants you to know that he's around. angel_over_me

Do I Have a spirit following me? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a spirit from an object, ie: african mask, Antique watches, follow me? Even after I get rid of the objects? I never had a problem with much of anything until I got a mask from some kid in Liberia, then it always seemed like something was following me! Not always bad, but for...

Is there a spirit following me [ 2 Answers ]

:) hello my name is charlene. Since I was a little girl I've always believed in afterlife. I've had three house's altogether and all have seemed to be haunted. Is there something telling me something eveynight I get chills down my back can anyone help me. I love ghost and spirits I am not scared...

God as Spirit? [ 27 Answers ]

Is Reason implicit in the unchangeable laws governing the movement of the solar system? Can the sun or the planets which revolve around it according to these laws, be said to have any consciousness of them? If the answer to question #1 is yes, and question #2 no, then it would seem to follow...

Did I see a spirit? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé and I were chatting on the cam this morning. I was noticing the light through the outside window in his internet café and how it bounced around the room. He had to clean some in the café, so turned the cam around for me to watch what he was doing. Everything was normal until I saw...

Being a spirit [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know my spirit... if I looked to the miror in my eyes and enter my eyes does it work?