Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebbclean Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 01:55 PM
    Id like to make a clain for non paying employer/contractor
    HEllo,

I would like to make a complain to my previous employer/contractor for my cleaning company that didn't pay us for the job we have done for them. So I am wondering if I have any chances to get our money that we work for?

Please give me an advice of what do I have to do, who should I contact right way etc.. We really need our money and all we want is for them to pay us. So please help.

Thanks in advance
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 08:56 AM

You are going to complain to your previous employer for your cleaning company that didn't pay you?

What? This doesn't make sense.

Please explain.

Jan 26, 2010, 08:34 PM

Oh sorry for my bad english...

Well.. my employer/contractor that we used to work for didn't pay us for the job that we've done for them for a couple of months and some days.

They keep saying they send the check to us and its been mailed but we been waiting for such a long time and we don't receive anything. So we are thinking to make a complain about them or sue them for non paying labour/employees

So can you guys help us or give us advice what we should do first etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2010, 08:41 PM

If this is in the US, you sue them in small claims court for the money they owe you

Jan 26, 2010, 08:54 PM

This is in Canada! Anybody know about this matter?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2010, 08:27 AM

Same thing - Small Claims Court and you take your proof with you.

Jan 27, 2010, 11:32 AM

Oh so it will be the samething? Where do I go? And what proof should I bring with me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an employer switch me from independent contractor to employee, when they realize [ 2 Answers ]

I started working as an independent contractor, but sold more then the gym realized I could sell. The first two weeks, as agreed upon, I was paid the full check... then the last two weeks, they are stalling on the check, and wanting to have me fill out a w-4 and pay me half what is owed now......

Employer not paying - independent contractor without a contract. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all,:) In the summer I worked for a guy, but instead of paying me he now ignores me and I'm not exactly sure what to do. It's a little complex though so I'll start from the beginning. I do catalog, pictures, computer work etc. Right now I live in Tompkins County, NY. I was asked on the...

Paying taxes as independent contractor [ 3 Answers ]

I am being paid as an independent contractor. I know I'll get a 1099 and I'm not making more than $15,000 this year. How do I pay the SS taxes? I know I'll pay witholding on my 1040 but not sure on SS. I believe I should save back about 25% for withholding. What else do I need to do.

Contractor State Tax for Non Residents at Employer Location [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I work in Tennessee and my employer is in New Jersey. He is withholding my state tax for New Jersey. Can I ask him to follow state tax regulations of TN. TN has no state tax and I am unnecessarily paying NJ tax. Please help. CJ

View more questions Search