Apr 6, 2012, 11:37 PM
    Riddle me
    It cut off my riddle so here it is.
    In marble walls white as milk,
    Linder with skin soft as silk,
    Within a fountain crystal clear,
    A golden apple does apperception.
    No doors are there to this stronghold-
    Yet thieves break in and steal the gold.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2012, 05:41 AM
    This is, in fact, a nursery rhyme - the line "a golden apple does apprerception" is totally incorrect, and the it's "lined," not "linder." The "marble walls," in fact, are describing the shell of an egg.

I learned it as:

In marble walls as white as milk,
    Lined with a skin as smooth as silk,
    Within a fountain color clear.
    A golden sphere doth there appear.
    No doors are found in this stronghold,
    Yet thieves break in and steal the gold.

The gold is inside the egg - the yolk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riddle what it mean [ 7 Answers ]

Stop,look and always see me. Try to touch , you cannot feel me. Never moving, never closer. Always moving, the endless poser. What am I?

Riddle I need help with [ 1 Answers ]

Could you help me with this riddle? "I am a bag to be sure But rarely see the light of day I am not of the hand And hang on a different kind of arm At night, I sleep but do not rest For I am on the job I am drawn Not by crayon But string" Hint : What comes with a good handbag?

I've got another riddle for you.. . [ 91 Answers ]

I always run, but never walk, Often murmer, but never talk, Have a bed, but do not sleep, Have a mouth, but never eat. What am I?

A riddle for you [ 446 Answers ]

Let's see who can solve it. While exploring the wild highlands of Scotland, Crazy Rob was captured by hostile wood fairies. Smazze, the powerful chief of the fairies told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he...

I need help with a riddle [ 2 Answers ]

There is a woman who needs to get three things across a waterfall corn feed, a chicken, and a fox but she can only take them one at a time. And the fox can't stay with the chicken because he will eat the chicken and the chicken can't stay with the corn feed because it will eat the corn feed. How...

View more questions Search